This thread serves as the repository for current and historical S2400 firmware updates.
Since this topic has replies turned off, we invite you to discuss anything to do with these updates in the relevant discussion categories already in place as listed below.
This thread serves as the repository for current and historical S2400 firmware updates.
S2400 Firmware Update Instructions
Download the desired firmware update file from the following posts.
Copy the file to the ROOT of your SD card
HINT: You can just enter USB MSC mode on the S2400 and the machine will appear as a drive to
your computer, press the BACK button on the S2400 once the file has copied.
Upon re-inserting card or exiting MSC mode you will be prompted to go ahead with the update.
DO NOT interfere with the machine until it reboots.
Emergency / Firmware Recovery Procedure
If for any reason, due to power cut, or other failure, your machine won’t boot afterwards, remove the SD card and insert into a computer.
Copy the downloaded file onto the ROOT of the SD card but this time, rename the file extension to .UPF instead of the default .UPD (This will perform a forced update on power up)
Re-insert the card into the machine with the power off, and then power on.
THE MACHINE WILL APPEAR DEAD FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES WHILE IT PERFORMS A FORCED UPDATE
- Fixed sample peak not recalculated when A pressed
- Fixed visual glitch setting song tempo
- Fixed save project from file menu prompting for name
- Fixed envelope pitch/filter modulation amount in multi mode
- Fixed level max issue in waveform editor
- Fixed step program events under cursor bug
- Fixed backwards headphones
- Fixed swapped headphones again
- Use existing track name when saving a slice of existing file (not default to “sample#”)
- Correct slices after truncating a file
- Fixed playback override LEDs not updating just after stopping recording
- Fixed pitch jump during record bug
- Fixed duplicate filename check logic
This also caused some errors in coping WAVs to project folders if names were the same.
- Pop up a message when trying to use the repetitions feature with classic envelopes
- Ground unused pins via software for added stability
- The machine now prevents saving while patterns are playing.
Saving while playing sometimes causes a crash and corrupts the project.
Hopefully this change is temporary while we work to figure out the issue.
Previous firmware file: S2400_20201216_171435.upd (576.4 KB)
Scroll down for the latest firmware.
- Fixed bug with level going to zero after editing large samples
- Fixed bug with stereo when editing large samples
- Fixed bug with stereo when overwriting file in waveform editor
- Fixed save kit bugs
- Fixed a bug with erase in Step Program mode
- Fixed pitch error in step program mode
- Fixed holding erase not working when repeat is locked
- Fixed assigning sound to track in waveform view
- Fixed negative fractions not displaying minus sign
- Fixed reading of WAV files that have data chunks between the fmt and data chunks
- Fixed unnecessary reloading of large samples in multi mode waveform view
- Fixed bug with repeat quantization in multi mode
- Fixed crash after overwriting large sample with small one
- Fixed bug where exiting help on copy screen causes copy to happen
- Fixed LiveLoop crash when pattern is longer than max loop time
- Don’t offer to “Overwrite Same File” for WAVs loaded from internal flash
- Eliminated click at beginning and end of samples
- Reduced click when sounds are interrupted
- Improved playback quality of 26KHz sounds
- Improved playback quality of looped sounds
- Threshold sampling now starts at next zero cross after threshold is reached
- Sped up formatting of SD card (64GB format went from 20 seconds to 2 seconds)
- Sped up browsing of folders with a large number of files
- In Step Program, Shift+Arrows/Encoder scroll by a measure
- Do not sleep in MSC mode
- Added check and message for invalid folder names (containing non FAT32 characters, or with space at the end)
- Pattern Length and Time Signature can now be changed even when the pattern is running.
- Erase pattern number defaults to current pattern (was defaulting to zero)
- LiveLoop Length is now called Divisions and is a numeric field instead of a list (functions the same)
- Input monitor is now automatically muted during LiveLoop recording (so as to not double the sound volume)
- Loop point visual indicator in pattern mode has changed. The line connecting the loop point to the end point is only shown when looping is enabled. The loop point is indicated by a hash mark if looping is not enabled.
- Saving samples/slices/LiveLoops is now a single screen instead of a multi-step process
- Waveform editor F-keys have changed
Snap to zero cross is now F5 and affects the selected point. Long-press F5 to snap all points to zero crossing.
Press Help for the updated list, see the manual for details.
- Added Resampling
Press F4 in file browser
- Mix mode gain range is now configurable per track, and can go above 0dB
Press Shift+A in mix mode to configure the range.
- Added Reverse Sample or Slice feature. See the manual for details.
- Implemented Gated mode (hold pad to play, release pad to stop)
Turn it on/off in track settings.
- The S2400 now reads the loop point from the WAV file
It reads the “smpl” data chunk, which is different from cue or marker points.
If a loop point exists in the file, the S2400 sets it, sets the loop time to 2sec, and turns on gate mode by default.
- Added global default measures setting
- Added Transpose to track settings
- Added Fine Pitch adjustment to pitch settings (Shift+A in pitch mode, F2 in Step Edit)
- Added Modify Pattern function to parameter settings menus (Shift+A, or Shift+B for filter)
This function sets either the selected parameter or all parameters for either the selected track or all tracks to the current fader/knob values throughout the whole pattern.
- Added Live Parameter Record Overwrite feature
While recording (not in playback), in level or pitch fader mode, press A to enable level or pitch overwrite and press B to enable filter overwrite. Then, pressing the pad will change the parameter values in the pattern to the current fader or knob values as the track is triggered in the pattern. See the manual for details.
- External clock sources are now functional
- MIDI note input is now functional
- Added support for MMC
- Added pattern change message setting
- For full details, see the PDF User Manual, and the Video User Manual Part 9.
The User Manual has been updated to reflect all of the above. Additional detail has been added to some other sections as well.
S2400_20210208_065928.upd (608.4 KB)
- Fixed resampled sounds sometimes having beginning cut off and click at end
- Fixed repeat in multi mode
- Fixed pressing pad while editing fader mode settings canceling editing
- Fixed Sticky-Shift+Arrow not scrolling whole menu like Shift+Arrow does
- Fixed issue when changing a folder in resample or save menu
- Fixed tempo off with force start after external clocking
- Added cellphone-like entry of numbers to text editor
Zero key cycles through numbers like F4-F9 cycle through letters
Hold Shift and press zero for Help
S2400_20210209_121954.upd (608.4 KB)
- Fixed visual glitch when deleting a file with a scrolling file name
- Fixed not showing gated on immediately after assigning a looped sound to a track
- Fixed tempo not changing when pattern changes
- Fixed starting LiveLoops with external sync
- Fixed USB Host disconnect issue
- Fixed loading of default kit when no SD card present
- Fixed changing other folder in resample or sample save
- Fixed envelope editor reversed F1 and F1-long-press
- Fixed glitch when pressing fader mode keys while in envelope editor help
- Fixed glitch when exiting help on sampler screen
- Fixed tempo decimals editing in step program
- Fixed not resetting normalize when pressing pad in waveform view
- Fixed waveform view when saving sample and assigning to same pad
- Fixed note off in multi mode
Changes & New Features
- InputMon automatically muted during resampling
- Added resample to Track properties menu
- New MIDI monitor in Sync Menu
- Shift+Arrows/Encoder adjusts decimal numbers by one (tempo remains the opposite)
- Added waiting message until actually connected in MSC mode
- Added fader lock to waveform editor (F9)
- More click reduction
Manual is updated.
S2400_20210221.upd (608.4 KB)
- Fixed normalize for new samples
- Fixed pitch/filter settings not respected for long sounds in waveform editor
- Fixed gate mode not working if track MIDI sync mode is none
- Fixed bug recording filter modulation
- Fixed entering numbers with number keys
- Improved responsiveness of pressing pads in waveform editor
- Show disconnects in MSC mode
S2400_20210227_123125.upd (624.5 KB)