Input Monitor shortcut doesn’t work from start

Double clicking the Input Monitor button does nothing until input monitor has been activated at least once manually.

Note that after activating the check box manually you have to leave the menu. Activating, then deactivating, then exiting the menu will not make the shortcut work.

I think I’ve solved the mystery. From the start, the shortcut works for USB audio input. Then, after the Analog audio input has been toggled, the shortcut starts to work for it too. Still don’t understand the logic completely though.

@Mickey could you please add a popup message so that the user could see which input exactly is activated/deactivated after executing the shortcut? More popups!

As there are two types of input monitoring (analog and digital via USB), the user is

Cleaning this up and adding a popup.

@kulturhaus Question:
If both analog and usb monitoring are off when the machine starts, what should happen on the first double-click? Turn them both on? Currently, there is no change since there was no previous on state.

1 Like

The cleanest solution would probably be to specify somewhere in the settings what exactly should be toggled (Analog, Digital or both), thus ignoring the previous on states completely. But then this doesn’t feel intuitive to me.

With the contextual toggling you’ve implemented, I’d say if nothing is selected, toggle them both (with a proper popup notification, e.g. “All inputs active”). This seems the most logical to me.

1 Like

What about a user preference setting stored in the SET file so that it is loaded at each startup?

Is it possible to apply to last known input monitoring settings, by saving it into the settings file?

It’s possible

Every single project I manually switch input monitoring on. Wish it could be a default to be on. Stupid question, why would anyone what if off by default ? Only think I can think of is there is a risk of an incoming signal being too loud, but otherwise personally I never switch input monitoring off.

I too wish this setting could be saved and loaded automatically.

+1 for wanting the choice to boot with Input Monitoring active.

Also, noticed something today that might as well be in this thread too. I noticed with the 2400 turned off, any input signal sent to the 1/2 jacks seems to then come directly out of all 8 outputs but very weirdly distorted (despite the signal being quiet both in and out). I wondered why this was and what causes it.

It’s not a bug really, just a curiosity, and due to the way my stuff is set up (with a sub-mixer output regularly patched into the 2400 inputs), it might be nice if when the 2400 is turned off, the inputs just went clean thru to a pair of outputs, maybe those last selected in the Input Monitor menu. Whether that’s even possible or not is another thing!

Cheers

1 Like

I think it’s by design. The sound leaks a bit in that situation. I think it was already reported / discussed in the past.