Loop input monitoring affects global input monitoring [RESOVLED]

After enabling Live loops, the input monitoring settings of the current loop track are active even after switching to a different bank.

1. Start the machine
  2. Turn on Input monitoring and check the input sound, then turn off
  3. Long-press F4 and enter the Loop mode
  4. Input monitoring is automatically on, the sound is audible
  5. Turn off the input monitoring for the first loop track
  6. Leave the live looper with the first looper track still selected and go to Bank A
  7. Turn on again the global input monitoring
  8. No input is to hear
1 Like

Right. Only one thing can be monitored at a time. Live Loop settings take precedence.

Exactly, one at a time. Which suggests that when the user is not in the Bank D, the global input monitoring settings should be used:)

The way it’s currently implemented makes sense from the technical side but it’s not very user friendly.

When the looper is activated, there’s always a looper track selected. However, this selection is out of view when the user is in a different bank. Looper tracks can also be “muted” by setting the volume to the minimum, which also affects monitoring.

As an example, if the user wants to record loops from inputs 1&2 and then switch to normal banks and improvise using inputs 3&4, the only way to get there is to reserve a looper track with the correct setting and switch to it before leaving the looper bank.

Or let’s say the user has recorded all 8 loops and set their volume sliders to the minimum. Now it’s not possible to monitor anything!

Hope I could explain it well.

Since it is working as designed, it is not a bug. I recommend you make a separate feature request post and describe how you would like it to work.

The examples are definitely not normal and bother me a lot

Why should the fact of enabled live loops impact the rest of the system’s input monitoring when all of the loops have already been recorded and the live loop bank view is not opened on screen? I can understand input prioritizing depending on active view. Why are global input monitoring settings suddenly not global?

They are not global because they are now per-loop.

I am not sure I understand how it answers my questions