Option for NOT monitoring through looper track when recording or monitor through track without recording

I realized yesterday that it would be helpful if there was an option to NOT monitor through the live loop track when recording and instead continue monitoring through your regular input monitor settings. And/or the option to monitor through the selected live looper track when you’re in Bank D without it being record active so you’ll hear what is actually going to be played back before activating record.

My problem is that you can’t hear the sounds you’re about to record through the live looper track without actually recording it. So if the track you’re about to record on to is set to an output that is panned, or the filter is set to something you don’t want you won’t notice until you press record and you have to clear the loop and do it again after changing settings.

Another thing is that if you have a synth hooked up in stereo, you’ll hear the stereo signal when jamming out parts but when activating record you’ll only hear it in mono resulting in a volume drop.

If there was an option for the input signal to continue sounding through the regular monitoring settings while recording and then only play back through the live-looper track that would be helpful. Then you could just get on with recording and dial in the track settings afterwards.

Or as I said above, monitor through the selected live looper track without it recording. Then you could also play through the filter without recording on to the track.

4 Likes