High pitched distortion on stereo LL after reloading project [FIXED]

Last night, I recorded a couple of stereo liveloops in a newly created beat (so the beat was created with 2023 firmware). I recorded and committed 2 liveloops, and after that tried a 3rd. That 3rd one was not what I wanted it to be, so I erased it. I think I used erase-pad for that, but it also could have been a rollback by pressing B. Saved the project and called it a night.

Today I wanted to test some bugfixes. So I took the project from last night and did a ‘save as’, to check whether the liveloops would be saved to the new project folder. And yes they do… BUT:
There is a very loud high pitch (ear destroying) crackle coming from the 3rd liveloop (that should be empty). It is short and sounding at approximately 1 32th of a note after the 1. When I reload the original project, the problem remains. After I restart the machine the original project loads without this error.

I tried to create a short reproduction path, but I cannot recreate the issue.

So all I can do is upload the projects (original without the problem and the saved-as-version). Let me know @Mickey when you want them. I’ll send the files thru DM.

@syah71 Please DM the files to @av500 Thanks.

I’ve send the projects to @av500 and I changed the title from “High pitched distortion on stereo LL after save as” to “High pitched distortion on stereo LL after reloading project”, due to new insights:

Today I was trying out some more projects and I discovered that the cause of the problem is somewhat different. The cause is not the save-as action. Actually the project that has been copied perfectly. It is the reloading that triggers the problem.

The very first project that I load, whether original or copy, has no digital cracking outburst. The second one has. It does not matter if I load the same project for a second time, or the other. Even loading the project (or backup) after first loading a totally different project, triggers the problem. The only way to avoid the whats-crack-a-lacking is turn off the machine and load the project once.

yes, I found that out myself this morning. and it’s fixed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Vlad!

Same problem for me! :sob: