No preview assigning sounds to empty tracks since FW update [FIXED]

Hey everybody!

I updated my S2400 to the latest firmware (2023-04-28 Update) and now my sounds (preview) will not play on a empty pad.

If I do load a sound to the assigned pad then try to reassign/change/load another sound to that same pad then the preview will work as normal. This is true for all empty pads so far when loading a new sound.

Anyone else experiencing this since the FW update?

I can reproduce this too. Pads don’t trigger preview until a sound is assigned.

I didn’t even knew you could preview sounds on empty pads. lol :man_facepalming:

I can also reproduce when doing it via shift+pad > assign sound and then scrolling sounds (I’d never done it this way before)

On a side note, I wonder why the workflow differs when assigning via shift+file > browse files > scroll sounds. There’s no preview via pad press here, just a confirmation to assign sound :man_shrugging:

Yes this is happening to me as well. Though I was going mad :sweat_smile:

Yep, I have this behaviour too.

Yes, same problem here! Huge problem for me

This bug is fixed in dev and will be fixed in the next release.
The short-term work around is to assign any sound to the pad, then preview will work.

this is happen to me aswell. also, if im in track settings, i have to press the pad twice to get a sound coming (a sample is alredy asigned to the particular pad).

@hanzbene Not the same thing. What you describe is not a bug, it is working as designed.

In the Track Settings menu the first pad press changes the track without making sound. Subsequent presses make sound.

is this something new? or did i just completely forgot how this worked?