Quick-Assign chop to main pad

Posted this in the beta group, but putting here as well for visibility:

I would love to be able to quick-assign a slice to a pad when I’m not in multi-mode. For example, I have 8 kicks, 8 snares, 8 hats etc. on each pad. I’d love to be able to assign any one of those slices to the main pad without all of the other ones playing back. Would an “assign slice to pad” without overwriting the rest of the sample feature be feasible?

A way I could see this implemented would be:
In multi-slice mode, Hold pad >> Hit “Back.” That way, in one shot, it takes you back to the main bank while assigning that slice point to the pad. Back in multi-mode, hitting the same pad+back would revert the sample back to its previous slice state.

If that coding is too convoluted, I’d say, adding a round-robin feature of “Slice 1, 2, 3, etc. ONLY” would be amazing.

Happy to clarify my question if need be. Thanks Mickey for all you do!

7 Likes

YES! This would be dope

2 Likes

I’m wishing for this feature almost every time I’m using the machine. Top notch post.

Back+Pad is already a function, so we can’t use that.
Copy+Pad,Pad in multimode already copies the mode’s parameters (e.g. slice) from one pad to another.
I implemented this feature request with Copy+Pad, then same Pad copies the mode’s parameters from a pad to the main (non-multi) pad.

2 Likes

Yesss, amazing! Thanks Mickey!

1 Like