Sample Length: 1/16, 1/8, …1ms, 2ms, …Max (like the OG)

Add Sample Length option for sampling (as per the OG’s) but also with time division lengths. The single value scrolling would look like:

1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1Bar, 2Bar, 1ms, 2ms… 2,024ms, Max (not sure what the max is)

I know you can calculate milliseconds from the tempo but, its great when you can just set this (aka Octatrack etc)

As a Phase 2 suggestion: if length is set to a time division, the Rec auto quantizes to start on, say, the next 16th. This would be via MIDI clock I guess as the S2400 can not sample and play at the same time.

I cannot overstate how powerful time division-based sampling is in the MachineDrum UW and Octatrack. And whilst no sane person would want the soul-destroying complexity of an Octatrack, most of the power of this feature is captured in “Sample Length” providing it does time divisions also.

1 Like

Done in dev.

4 Likes

For someone who never used the OG or the Octa - curious how do you use something like this?

2 Likes

nice one @Mickey

soul destroying complexity of octatrack though? nah :slight_smile: is easy and enjoyable machine

1 Like