Individual track length

That would enhance creativity a lot.

8 Likes

Would love that, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes yes please. I wanna say I remember Brad saying he wanted to add this in a future update.

4 Likes

YES HE DID and is we needed for creative purposes.

1 Like

+1

Especially for the purpose of using the S2400 as a MIDI sequencer

2 Likes

I don’t know how implementation would work, but plus 1 for me too.

1 Like

+1! Individual track length is def needed!! I came to the forum to see if maybe I was missing something because I couldn’t find it. Looks like I will be patiently waiting for this feature to be added.

1 Like

until they do this, IF they do this you/we will just have to use another external sequencer and 2400 will have to pay 2nd fiddle or just play have it parts that don’t require poly meters

seems a shame to do that and removes it as a central brain but for those of us that use this pretty standard feature there is not much choice, see a problem and workaround it

Bumping this one, it’s needed to help make the S2400 a decent midi sequencer and central hub

2 Likes

Hi, it would be necessary one day that indeed all the functions are present like a workstation especially at the level of the functions of complete sequencer so that the s2400 becomes the brain of a studio

posted a thread but will post here too, while we do not have indi track lengths we can mimic them by using a mathematical cheat, i use on OT a lot

at least i think this will get you the same results - if 2400 allows this level of nudging and i am quite sure it does, not used with 2400 yet so don’t burn me at the stake just yet

1 Like

Bumping this request up. This would be a huge upgrade!

A reset param would be just as important, so you can dictate where (or if) the track resets in relation to the pattern length.

ie: if you have a 12 step track and a 16 step pattern, some users would want the 12 step track to infinitely loop on the 12, where some users would want the 12 step track to reset at 12+4 together with the pattern length at 16.

I’m also going to bump this. I would love to not have to use other sequencers to sequence the s2400, and this is the one thing stopping me!

2 Likes

After my first month with this machine, this is my single biggest request. +1.

1 Like

+1

Even if they could implement this in a similar way to the divisions in the looper tracks, that would be a great workflow enhancement. Set divisions in the track settings, and just show some sort of repeat symbol in the sequencer grid.

A “Last Step” in Track Settings - anything like that. I bet they have some ideas

Idea for how to trigger like the TR-909 (last step for track) and/or the TR-8S (which does last step per track alsol)

1. Some button to trigger Last Step when pushed in combination with a channel pad (What button combos are still free?) to trigger the mode

2. Once the mode is triggered, there are 2 options.

A. use the Mute/Solo buttons (16 buttons!) to let the user choose the last step number for the entire pattern, similar to how it works on the TR-909. The catch is that if you have a long pattern, you start from 1. This is similar to TR-909 last step, which is pattern-wise.

B. Instead of one of the 16 mute/solo buttons, the user first pushes one of the 8 channel pads to select the channel to work on, followed by using the Mute/Solo buttons (16 buttons!) to let the user choose the step number to be the last step for that track specifically.

The Track Settings menu could have another fold-out that shows the last step for each track in that pattern. Tucked away if you aren’t using it, like the others.

This way you could use it in a performance style mode. either live or in the studio to experiment and find musically interesting offsets for whatever you’re working on.

1 Like

any news on this?