Midi Only Pattern Edit, Separate Track Lengths

Hi there, I am close to pulling the trigger and had two questions.

1. At first I was thinking there wasn’t any editing of midi only tracks, but I watched the video manual again and he mentioned “input and edit using step program just like with internal tracks”. So does that mean it has all the same edit features? You can move notes around, change parameters, etc? I haven’t seen any examples of this and it’s not mentioned specifically in the manual.

2. I have been through the manual and I am pretty sure there isn’t but is there any way to have different length tracks within a pattern? (Or I guess different length patterns playing concurrently?)
    Say I have a 2 bar (8 beat) 4/4 pattern. I’d like to be able to, for example, have a hi hat pattern that’s looping at the end of 5 beats (along with the other patterns looping at 8 beats) - so essentially the whole thing is only repeating every 40 beats. It makes for an easy way to keep drum patterns less repetitive/loopy.
    If not, is there any chance of this being added in the future?
    I would love to see it on the looper as well. It already has divisions of the pattern length, so it seems like you’d just have to make that beat based instead of division based. Instead of being able to set it to 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 the length of the pattern (giving you 1, 2 and 4 beat loops in an 8 beat pattern), you could choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 (up to the number of beats in the pattern).

Thanks!

1 Like

+1 for custom loop lengths on both the looper and patterns please

1 Like
  1. Yes. Just like sample tracks.
  2. There is already a feature request for that.
2 Likes

Awesome thank you!

Mickey, I see it in the feature requests for the normal pattern length, but doesn’t mention anything about the looper. Is it worth adding a feature request for beat-based loop length for the looper?

1 Like

Sure, add that as a request. Note: more detail is better.

2 Likes