We need a ‘Tips n Tricks’ category

Or maybe I should put it -

It would be great to have a ‘users tips n tricks’ category in the S2400 section of the forum.

9 Likes

+1 that would be really cool.

Good idea! You first @Sugarfoot76 :wink:

This is nothing crazy, but I got a wireless, mini size $8 backlit keyboard on eBay which makes erasing and typing on the S2400 a breeze. Just put the dongle in the HOST port.

9 Likes

Look over the key combination shortcut list every so often. I always seem to forget about a few: Key combination and shortcut list

Props to tnkz76 for putting this together!

5 Likes

Try to depend less on the rotary encoder by using the arrow and enter keys more.

This will take a little time to get used to but you will work much more effeciently in the long run.

3 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if it can be considered as a trick or tip but I’ve replaced the encoder knob with a spindle cap like in the link below. I think it’s easier to use and faster than the original knob.

And I have the soft dust-cover from that thread. And I guess that’s it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried using a Logitech wireless keyboard but it didn’t work. I’ll def buy this one. I’m glad you got it to work!!

1 Like

I’ve got a decksaver for my 2400. They’re great!

1 Like

That’s great! Definitely gonna look out for one of those or similar with a dongle……no wires!!

1 Like

I was thinking more on the lines of production tips n tricks……but the contributions here have been great. I’ll start another thread for production tips

Thanks for those. I think I get the knob replacement idea cos it brings the knob down to the same height as the ones next to it and increases the space in between the mix out and select.

1 Like

I’ve been covering mine with a plastic bag up until now….I’ll probably devise a more elegant solution soon!

I got the decksaver for both my S2400 and Model 12. Best of all got them for 50% off with a code I got from PSSL a while back. :fire:

(personal code per email, couldn’t share it) :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I’ve had mine almost 2 years and I’m not sure I’ve ever pressed the arrow keys! I’ll have to figure out how to best use them. I know Back + Arrows does undo/redo now which is much better ergonomically than before, so that’s definitely something I’ll be using.

1 Like

Good stuff, I didn’t know that shortcut thread existed. We really need a category for tips so this stuff can be pinned

2 Likes

Yes, that was what I was thinking when I started the thread, an actual category for tips and tricks would become like an alternative/additional manual in time.