Has anyone received a S2400 with a bad rotary knob?

My S2400 was delivered yesterday and upon inspecting it before powering it up, I found that the double rotary knob on channel 1 was bent and hard to turn… Has anyone experience this on their machine?

Yes, I suspect it needs a repair. I’ve replied to your support ticket.

2 Likes

No! I’ve gotten no reply…

Check your junk mail please dude, I replied before you made this post.

1 Like

Looked, not there may have been deleted by accident…

Can you raise another one please? Let’s see if you get my reply to that.

O.K.! Sorry for the late response @ work,

1 Like

I had the same issue. Got my unit today, opened it up and checked the pots before powering up and pot on track one is hard to turn, tilts off axis when turned and upper and lower knob are jammed and turns together as one. Just submitted a ticket as well.

They are great guys and will take care of it…

Oh I have no doubt! Received a first response just minutes after opening the ticket.

I’m curious as to what they’ve told any of you what would be done as far as repairs

They’ve been very helpful in providing options, either for me to send it to a local workshop or ship it to their repair workshop in Germany etc.

1 Like

They gave the options of sending you the part if are skilled at replacing it or just sending the machine back to them (via return label) fix it and then returned to you…

Cool thanks for the reply. Not sure how many people want to take their machine apart and risk some kind of void. And then after waiting for so long to recieve it, I’m not sure how many people want to send it back and wait possible months before getting it sent back to them. Damn… this is not good.

Nah man, it’s fixed and sent right back to yah…
and it does not go to Germany!!!

Depends on where in the world you are I guess. I’m in Norway so that might be why they said Germany to me.

Correct. We give people the option of a technician closest to you, the option to fix yourself (as a high % of our customers are skilled in the dark arts of electronics repair) or a return to HQ depending on where in the world they are.

1 Like

just for anyone, not related to this but sharing experience for anyone who may worry

sent mine for repair in UK

it was gone, came back 5 weeks later repaired and functional, all perfectly fine now - no stress (aside the separation), easy UPS pick up and drop off :slight_smile:

Rob did all he could to make it easy, i assume he takes care of all of us and then gets you in touch with your most local repair location

if you have an issue it sucks, we get impatient as fu** because of many reasons and most anyone can sympathise BUT if it gets sorted with minimal stress we can’t ask for more, if you have got a problem then start your ticket, get it sent off, and get it back :slight_smile:

Jamie

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed their rotary knob sometimes needs an extra push or two for it to register an action you’re trying to do?

I’ve had my S2400 since January and since the last
Firmware, have noticed a few times that my pushes are not
Registering. Im not sure if it is the new firmware
or is starting to get worn out, but nether seems right.
Thanks

@spinnie_B Knob probably slipped a little. That happened to me. I just loosened the set screw, adjusted the knob, and retightened the set screw. Make sure the knob sits high enough so that when pressed, it does not hit the panel.