U.K. / UPS import duty problem

Cool Mr Bond or is that James :slight_smile:

0007? oh nooooo you didnā€™t :slight_smile: nice 1

@robbie and @Peter_C great news lads

2 Likes

I gotta to ask, who got #1200? A lucky random punter, or was is it just too special to share?

1 Like

i think 2400 is better :slight_smile: who got that one?

mine is boring old 1042 (not boring obv)

i wonder if i can find some reference to those numbers somehow :rofl:

1 Like

UPS sent me an Invoice for 0.01 quidā€¦ after everything was paid and the machine delivered.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Did they try to charge you an Ā£11 handling fee too ?

Charges 0.01
Total Non-Taxable Charges 0.01
Total Amount Due 0.01
Zero Rate 11.50

whatever TF the Zero Rate isā€¦

I had two invoices one with the Ā£11 on it but strangely enough it said i only owed a penny of this same as belowā€¦

The Zero Rate is what they charge you for paying the tax for you.

Contact UPS and dispute this as it happened to me for 60p after I had already paid all their charges.
It was dismissed so they should do the same for you.

1 Like

Cheers, already did, toldā€™em to FO, will see what the answer will be.

a little update:

ā€œDear customer,
Please be informed that correction invoices for such small amounts are automatically adjusted in our system and customers shouldnā€™t receive paper copies of them. There is nothing due on your account.ā€

Received 2 invoice letters today , one saying invoice paid the other saying I owe 1p and if not paid a Ā£40 charge and 8 % interest will be charged, I paid UPS as soon as they contacted me and paid duties, they didnā€™t deliver s2400 though, so I got in contact with Isla and they must of contacted them as the following day it arrived, 3 weeks after paying duties, now they want 1p ,
I contacted them on via a phone call and they couldnā€™t help or even let me pay the 1p, just gave me a email address to contact,
Really s##T service !!!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a specific number to contact for some reason.
However send email with the details and they should just write it off. Itā€™s obviously their error at some point.
They cannot expect to bill people once they have already paid the original full invoiced
amount and have received their goods, I imagine they know they wouldnā€™t have a leg to stand on in court.
As I said a few posts back it would not surprise me if this is a scam they are running as a lot of companies would pay up automatically and not dispute the amount especially when itā€™s a small amount.
Iā€™m feeling more and more this is true due to the number of complaints turning up in this thread alone.
World wide those small payments will soon add up !!!

2 Likes

Not so fun fact: if every registered business in London alone (based on 2020 business registration #'s) received just one international package via UPS a year, and were charged the extra 1p, UPS makes an extra Ā£1.133.000 every year - just in London. Across the globe Iā€™d wager (conservativey) theyā€™re making $5M+ a year simply off excess payments.