Is firmware development on hold?

Yeah, a comment or anything from a staff member would be nice. I would like to see a bunch of bugs fixed asap if possible.

1 Like

Just let them have a well deserved break.

4 Likes

Also, seriously, how much work would you get done just after acquiring almost every synthesizer ever made!?

3 Likes

I don’t think communicating intent is a lot to ask.

Especially to those of us that jumped in on the ISLA ship right at the very moment when they stopped communicating. 1750 is a lot of money to spend on a product you start fearing is no longer supported.

As others have stated there are still bugs and a development roadmap that is still not 100% complete (effects card).

Is the unit really cool? Yes. Am I happy I bought it? Other than losing one project which makes me worry about some gremlins, Yes.

But they aren’t doing this for free. I spent nearly two grand on a product so saying “they deserve a break” to people talking about communication on development rings really hollow. Can’t speak for anyone else, but two grand worth of hard work day in day out to buy into this product hollow.

They have already communicated intent though. Brad made it clear that they intend to have the next update be just bug fixes. Just because they haven’t announced when it will come doesn’t mean it won’t come. There isn’t any real justification to fear that an update will never come. I understand that you guys aren’t asking for a lot, it’s a fair question, but that doesn’t mean it’s an easy question to answer. There may be multiple factors making it difficult to say when the next update will be ready. I get where you guys are coming from, but you aren’t entitled to the roadmap of a company just because you bought their product. They’ve already explained the challenges they’re facing right now and how they’re trying to tackle them.

Also, I’m pretty sure that every-time they announced a new firmware update someone would post about a new bug just before the update dropped. It’s hard to squash all the bugs when you haven’t found them all. The longer the wait before the next update the more likely that it will be THE update, and bugs will be more rare and harder to recreate.

Some of us waited over a year just to get our machines and during that we saw how hard these guys worked to get them to us. On top of that, they over delivered. This is not the machine we were promised, it’s way more.

These are good dudes who have stuck by their word and then some, so I truly feel we have nothing to worry about. Waiting sucks but we’ll get bug fixes and probably more eventually. I get that it would be better to hear a definitive answer from them but hopefully this perspective sets your mind at ease a bit.

Peace.

12 Likes

I think more active communication on this particular channel would be supportive even if it’s a simple ‘stay chilled we are working on things but itll be a while’. I think there is a bit of saltiness from Kordbot days, it seems there is still an element of trust to be built for the brand which is important for future products. One of the assumed benefits of buying from a boutique company is that you would there could be more direct communication.

That being said, they did advance updates for this machine considerably since it’s release and I do really like the feature set. I guess I’m like others here who bought an Isla more recently and saw a lot of active communication in videos and on forums, and saw this to be a very exciting project that hasnt reached its end. Not a complaint, just jumped in at a less exciting time in the machines development.

Hopefully we get a fix to round out a number of bugs. Not that fussed about big big features just useful to know the machine is still being worked on.

3 Likes

wow - give em a chance

i am sure they said the kordbot wold be getting all or most attention for some time due to it being considered dropped by many in the community, they want fully functioning user base i am sure, on both machines - the 16v update wasn’t so long ago now was it

2400 has years in it - i am sure in time they will fix any bugs that are confirmed and who knows, maybe even a FW update of features for the magpies that need more shiny stuff just to make music :slight_smile:

hehe yeah if you bite at that one you really need to start sampling and chopping shi7 up

3 Likes

Y’all miss the point,.

This is Isla’s forum.

Isla should be telling us “hey y’all give us a chance, we got you but we have other things to take care of now. Shits uncertain these days so we don’t know about more features, or effects cards, but a bug fix update is in the works.”

Supposedly somewhere a bug fix update as confirmed.

I don’t know where… I don’t see it here in their forum they have to communicate with their customers. Didn’t see it as a reply to my question two months ago on their YouTube video or answered in the gear forum that they were super active in until two months ago.

They got all y’all coming out speaking for them.

They should speak themselves, they have a damn voice. They are grown ups not children. Ain’t no man should need others to speak for him, cmon.

I’m not hating on them and I even wasn’t going to reply anymore but others speaking for someone is just … man, c’mon.

We wasn’t asking for features or a firmware update, anything except some communication to know what’s up.

Only they can provide that,

And should on their very own forum they own lol

Just a “hey we’re still alive be back soon”

Shit…

Ain’t nobody can talk for someone else

And for the record I got respect for them and their product, even tho every once in awhile my machine does something strange I still love it.

If they communicated “y’all we’re done” I’d respect it

I understand u bro, but be like me, be patiente, keep ur mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the confirmation, check the comments under the latest video Brad posted on facebook where he confirmed that the update is coming but will be a minor one (e.g. fixing bugs)

6 Likes

That works,

For the record it’s all love, back to making music

1 Like

there is no binding contract between us and them outside of our consumer rights, they made something, we bought it - they are not obliged to update us

yes it would be nice for those that need it but they have a business, a life (god forbid) and other products to be cracking on with, plus the refurb thing they are doing to keep their business afloat while the world gets its schi7 in a pile (hopefully one day) - their business staying afloat is primary to your concerns - if all their time right now is spent fixing old synths and kordbot so they can sell them to make money to pay the bills and keep each other gainfully employed i am 100% fine with that and everyone else should be too - look at the bigger picture - if they were not making money you would never get another update :wink:

keeping folk in a job is practically impossible nowadays so what brad is doing with his new scheme is nothing less than remarkable

chill, do some sampling and make use of the 16v we now have

on a +ve and somewhat funny side note: how is it that now i have 16v i use them faster than when i had 8? :rofl:

3 Likes

in no way am i responding to anyone - just chewing the fat and providing some thoughts

2400 ftw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always good to have a disclaimer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This comment right here ftw. Been creating (and selling) music with this machine for many months now. The better part of a year. I also, honestly, don’t need or see them needing to add too, too much more. This machine has firmly established itself in my setup and, just like my 3000, MPC Live, Ableton and Maschine, it takes its turn in prominence in that setup, depending on what it is that I’m creating at that moment. Just like my SP1200 years ago. I really do feel that this isn’t a machine that’s meant to create certain styles (trap/drill for example) but that’s just my opinion. Haha.

Since I sample from vinyl, mainly, and build my own drums, those samples will always run through the 2400, though. Even if I’m not making tracks with it, it’s still proving its worth, day in, day out. Anyway…thanks for saying that.

3 Likes

but they have to fix the bug…

4 Likes

“there are no new features we are working on”

…well, I guess there’s no plan to add basic CCs, mod-wheel, pitch-bend to the midi-sequencer… which most likely takes a lot of work and time.
So, if they aren’t working on that or even started, then it probably won’t happen, at least any time soon.

I bes start looking for an Mpc One.
I needs me some mod-wheel at the very least, for hardware/midi/synth setup.

them mpc one are a proper bargain :slight_smile:

i keep telling myself i need another toy like i need a hole in the head though :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah… they seem super powerful, esp for the price.

Finally sold my Mpc60 a month or two ago (took a while, because I wasn’t willing to ship it / local only)… so, kinda missing that Mpc workflow. Luckily the Mpc One is affordable to everyone (not to mention… it can prolly run circles around the 60 [and also S2400], lol)

2 Likes

How long were you on the Mpc60 before moving over to the IslaS24? Also why was your reason for changing samplers? I have an Isla and love it but ran into an opportunity to buy a Mpc60 too recently. I’m not really jumping the gun on it since I own an MpcX and also I use a AkaiS900 with it. I have had a handful of other Mpcs’s in my past but gotta ask. Always curious to what people say.

1 Like