Cant Update Firmware?

I browsed around the forum so I tried a few things but what seemed to work for me was first I unscrewed the side and moved the wires for the power down towards the bottom of the unit away from the ribbon cable. At this point it was still not turning on and stuck blank screen so I cleared my SD card by reformatting it and then loaded the last (August) firmware on it and tried to load that onto the unit. This didn’t work so I took that off the and then changed the file name and loaded the August firmware onto my SD card as .upf file. This got my unit on again as it only took maybe like 5-10 seconds to boot up with the august firmware on it. Then I tried the new firmware normally again like I initially tried to do but it didnt work again so I tried .upf again with the new firmware file and in maybe 30 seconds it booted up all good to go with new October firmware. writing in detail so that hopefully somebody in the future can find this post and maybe it helps them lol. As to why it worked this time vs last time I have no clue lol, maybe the moving of cables but it didnt look like they were really touching the ribbon cable but idk. Anyway it seems fine now and before I reformated the card I copied the whole folder to my desktop so im gonna try to drag it back over now and hopefully all my projects and files load like nothing happened.

1 Like