Wood sides

You may not run into this issue there are obviously slight variances because the original poster didn’t have the issue. I checked with him on Instagram and all of his 25mm fit fine. However I figured it was worth noting as others might and ‘if’ the 20mm work then I’d suggest going forward everyone get that length instead. My new screws should arrive sometime tomorrow so I’ll report back then.

1 Like

Cheers. I will check back. Hopefully the 25mm will do the job but its not a problem just switching to 20mm.

1 Like

Okay the screws came in and I did some measurements. The screws that come with the wood sides are 16mm. The next set of pictures shows what is left between the 16mm with wood only vs the 20mm or 25mm. The difference between the wood only and 20mm is 1/16th of an inch vs the additional 2/16ths on top of the 16mm.

I’ve used the 20mm on the entire right side of the s2400 and it is solidly connected to the chassis. It would be my recommendation to go with the 20mm over the 25mm for any future adopters of combined sidings just to avoid the potential of having issue I did.

16mm

20mm

25mm

1 Like

Cheers for the update. 20mm it is then.

Custom wood panels by yours truly.

3/4" by 6" pine wood (treated)
All in one primer/stain/varnish (2 coats)
FullerKreg M3-0.5 x 25mm Black Oxide screws from Amazon
Stainless steel washers

8 Likes

Any chance the curry cases wood sides come back?

Alternatively anyone else out there selling them?

I got some off ebay in the UK. They have oak and also black valchromat. No waiting and fast delivery.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion but I found someone local to US that looks like they are doing a great job. Will post back after getting them.