Wood sides

I really don’t have an answer for you. I didn’t order those I’m holding out for the black powered aluminum. But he was clear that he wasn’t going to put them on the machine to ship, that doesn’t mean that everything won’t go out at the same time. I truly have no information about how the wood sides are being shipped concurrently with the S2400 orders. I know some have gotten their wood sides but they are in the middle of intensive building having almost doubled the build rate. So it’s possible some will go out at the end of this wild ride on Batch 2. But that is pure speculation on my part.

1 Like

If they are out of stock i may cancel and go with you on the Black sides. You may have turned my head. More stealth like :slight_smile:

Yeah I mean just look at all this sexy…

3 Likes

No ETA on these things yet. Will they ever happen?

1 Like

The first batch sold out in a couple minutes. Brad says another batch is being made now. Should probably pre-order them. Otherwise you might miss the next batch too.

2 Likes

I asked about the other options and really I think there isn’t a definitive answer at the moment. The arrive when they arrive.

1 Like

I’m pretty amazed that @bradholland hasn’t responded to this thread at all yet since he’s been tagged multiple times. Initially, I emailed him directly to inquire after a month went by. Crickets. Now it’s been close to 2 months and still nothing.
I mentioned earlier, the money for these sides was already deducted from my bank account the moment I placed the order so, It’s not a big ask to inquire 2 months later as to a status. Yet, here we are. I understand he’s building boxes. But just a quick update would be nice. Thanks.

It’s not crickets, look around, you’ll see I’ve answered the same question around 10 times now.
I’m waiting for new stock to arrive. It’s not just me that has logistics problems.
If you don’t want to wait anymore just create a ticket for a refund, it’s all good.

1 Like

Of course I want them, I’ve waited 2 months now.
Look around where? I’m on the forum/website twice a day for 2 years now. I haven’t seen your response to the wood sides. Not sure where it would’ve been. But thanks for the update. Keep on truckin’

I have seen his responses and posts. Gove him a break…

Did you ever find the screw/thread size? I want to order longer ones than came with the wood sides.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

No. There has to be a way to find the exact specs of those screws. Maybe if (another) member ask for that information they’ll get an answer.

I believe they are FullerKreg M3-0.5 screws. They have the flat socket cap screw.

1 Like

Thanks. They have them on amazon in different lengths. Will do more research later.

So these screws:
Amazon.com: FullerKreg M3-0.5 x 25mm DIN 7991 Hex Drive Class 10.9 Black Oxide Finish Alloy Steel Flat Socket Cap Screw (Pkg of 100): Home Improvement
…worked perfectly to do this:
(https://www.instagram.com/p/CPEUA3lFegn/)

4 Likes

I just wanted to give those who are planning on doing the wood plus aluminum together a heads up on screw lengths.

So I purchased the FullerKreg M3-0.5 x 25mm screws and ran into a problem on the front right top screw where it wouldn’t go in the last 2 mm or so. I’ve purchased the same screw in 20mm that should arrive tomorrow. You can see from the photographs the length difference between the wood plus screw length that goes into the chassis vs the length of the 25mm after going through the wood and aluminum. It’s apparently bumping into the screw that holds part of the circuit board in place under the top panel.

I’ll have more information this weekend about the shorter screws. I do think the 5mm difference should do it.

2 Likes

Would just using 20mm screws throughout be enough?

btw, i got shipping confirmation for the wood sides a few days ago, will probably take a few weeks to get to germany, but as always, i am sure they will arrive in the end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well the question is do you think the difference between pic 1 and pic 2 is 5mm? Because that looks like 2/16th of inch aka 5mm to me.

If not I’ll have to see if the local hardware store can cut a mere 2mm off of a screw end. I only need the 20mm to stick out as far as it does on the 2nd picture and it will work because that was the proper screw length for the wood sides only.

ive ordered 25mm screws. So i only need one 20mm one?