Im buying another Isla S2400 but need good advice

Ive been here since the start but now want to buy another machine. But with the new DSP and extension card coming out id rather wait for a machine with them Preinstalled. This is because its easier and im a lazy xxxx. Okay should i wait for the new hopefully preinstalled cards or is this going to be ahem another wait(sorry team Isla no offence meant). Im hoping they come out in the next 3 months as i have a new Buchla Easel preordered due to meeting Mark Doty at knobcon.(and yes i somehow missed meeting Brad and Rob at the event. But next time maybe. Any help or advice on what to do wait or buy?

Given the small size of the team and the fact that they said that DSP and analog filter boards were in early days of development, I’d personally be hesitant to attach any timeline to these being completed and ready to ship. Buuuuuut, I’m not a developer so what do I know? I’ve got two units and will need to have them both installed in each machine, as well. Brad mentioned that these will be easily installable by the user but did he or anyone else make mention of future units coming with them pre-installed?

1 Like

It hasn’t been mentioned but it would make sense in the future to sell “full option” units at a discounted price to attract new customers.

Or there will be only a small quantity of boards produced to make sure it’s sold quickly and create shortage from the beginning . Which seems to be the case for side panels for example.

Only time will tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers guys. Hoping the full installed option is available if requested and fitted by Brads nimble fingers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Curious why you’re getting a second. I’m considering a second as well, and looking for confirmation that I’m not a lunatic.

1 Like

I have two studios and id like one in each :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, no, it turns out I’m a lunatic with one studio. I want to use one as a drum machine (externally sequenced) and one as a beat production machine (standalone).

2 Likes

I’ve thought about this with the MPC. I’m glad I switched it up a bit with a s2400/MPC/Maschine combo. They all have such different work flows and benefit from each other in unique ways.

Ultimately I had to cancel my preorder, as I had some unexpected medical expenses. I have the 2400, an SP-404MKII, an Akai S5000, and an MPC 2000XL.

It’s definitely good to be able to pair different workflows. I may yet still get a second one in the future.