SP2400 midi tracks and sequencing external gear

i wonder how close to release the FW is?

What I am wondering about recording Midi is the following :

I have few electric pianos that send out midi, will I be able to record midi from it into S2400? I mean what is polyphony of the midi recording, can i record chords into the midi track?

Yes, you can record chords. There is no limit on the polyphony of MIDI Tracks (beyond the 128 note MIDI limit).

2 Likes

Oh man thanks so much I was looking forward to that. Thats massive for my setup. I have a bunch of stuff in my studio space, but at my home i only have Crumar Seven (really great elec piano, with Rhodes and Wurli emulation) and Moog Subphatty. I record them into Digitakt. Problem is Digitakt cant record for example a 11 or 13th Chord in Midi. I like to record Midi of my chord progressions and my improv.

Cant wait to get my hands on s2400. I ordered a few weeks ago!

1 Like

So, with the fantastic new OS FW update available now…

I know there are up to 32 Midi tracks…
But, what’s the max number of midi sequences/patterns you can write/record?? (or, “Steps” in song-mode?)

MIDI tracks are recorded the same as sample tracks, in the same patterns. The max patterns is 100.

The max steps for all patterns is hard to calculate. The absolute max is 50000, however, that is only if no other data is stored in any of the patterns. Gate off info is another slot. Any parameters that are not default take up a slot (but that is not 1:1 as some parms are combined in one slot). Song mode shares the same memory block, so every song event takes a slot too (actually 3/4 of a slot).

You can get a sense of it by recording some complex pattern (even if it’s random pad presses), then look at the pattern memory left in the settings menu.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed answer! :smiley:

MIDI sequencing tutorial video is up - looks great

6 Likes

Hey guys…
My usb midi keyboards always send out the same midi channel CH01 to the S2400 ( midi bank mode E ch 1 to 8 )

I can play/trigger midi channel 2 then I hit the PAD nr. 2 on the S2400 but the keyboard is still playing channel 1

1. I did hit button A on CH 2(S2400) ( for the focused midi inputing) but that is not working…

What am I doing wrong here?

To get the MIDI Focus (A) button working, you need to setup Sync/Control Settings to match your MIDI controller.

1 Like

will try this, thanks