Some holiday music with the S2400

Merry Christmas everyone! In the spirit of the season, I wanted to pay tribute to one of my favorite holiday horror flicks: Silent Night Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out. Directed by one of my favorite filmmakers, the late great Monte Hellman (Beast From Haunted Cave, The Shooting, Two Lane Blacktop, Cockfighter, Ride The Whirlwind).

Out of all the entries in the infamous franchise, I enjoy this one the most and I can’t explain why.

No idea what J Stephen Soles used but for this I used the Prophet X and ISLA S2400.

The Prophet X is handling the strings (Done with EMU samples) as well as the bell (8Dio) and female vocal (EMU) melody.

The PX is being sequenced by the S2400 which is also doing the drums using samples from the Roland R8 drum machine.

I hope you enjoy and have a safe and wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. :slight_smile:

℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

4 Likes

I think I’ve said it before, but, this isn’t the stuff I would normally listen to, but I enjoy your uploads. It’s inspiring to hear a different type of music involving the s2400. keep’em coming!

1 Like

Here’s my S2400 holiday song.

Thank you so much. I try and do that with all my gear.