Another Prophet X/S2400 track

I finally ended up watch Amazonia: The Catherine Miles (aka White Slave) story the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

This isn’t a cover of Franco Campanino’s beautiful score for the film, I decided to do a completely original track which is heavily inspired by the mid to late 80s Italian Cannibal soundtracks. Earlier films like Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox utilized a blend of orchestral and Latin style pieces with dark passages from synths like the ARP Solina or Polymoog. The later era of films incorporated more synthesizers (DX7, various drum machines) into their sound pallet while still retaining that blend of styles.

The ISLA S2400 isn’t just doing all the heavy drums and percussion (samples from a Roland R8 Drum machine) but it’s also sequencing the Prophet X as well which is doing the acoustic guitar, DX7 Electric Piano and female vocals (run through a rotating speaker effect). I also added a nice M1 Universe part at the end (Obviously a more early 90s type sound but I thought it worked)

My girlfriend has been kicking my ass to get back into the studio so I ended up getting a ton of stuff done over the past couple days which I’ll be posting over the next few weeks.

Not only has my girlfriend been integral into motivating me to get back into the studio and create but she’s also starting to get into music production herself and she’s producing some excellent stuff thus far and has hugely inspired me.

Hope you enjoy. Plenty more to come.

© Everett Dudgeon 2023
℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

2 Likes

Another movie/filmmaker/composer I’ve never heard of.
In this case it might be because it was banned for so many years.

Great work (as always)!

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile: