Shame on one of you!

You know who you are, and you know you are wrong for it…

1 Like

First PS5’s now this…what is wrong with people…smh

2 Likes

I noticed the listing was taken down due to an ‘error in listing’. Whatever that was.

1 Like

usually means a deal was struck outside of ebay to save on listings etc

1 Like

It is relisted here

I love picture 9 and 10 lol

2 Likes

I will continue to believe the narrative that this thread stopped the sale and the owner realized the error of their ways… :joy:

3 Likes

I mean 8,333.33 is a number that totally makes sense but only if it comes with the case.

I’ve had some guy bugging me for my second unit at the pre-order price and I had to tell him no more than once.

1 Like

Yeah not to mention the only images are ripped right from Isla’s website (and a cheesy used car #iknowwhatihave story), which is a big no no on eBay - MUST have to have pictures of the product YOU are selling. I actually messaged the guy (BTW whose first sale was a batch of bootleg CDs and was reported for it) asking if he had any pictures of the actual machine, and he sent me a pic of an EMPTY cardboard box. Had some free time to troll the guy, and he keeps responding lol. I say we band together and pull a GameStop on him…all create burner eBay accounts, drive his auction up to a MILLION, annnnd delete! (not sure that’s even possible but would be awesome)

5 Likes

I smell a “sneaker head” or one of them cool-guy, hip/skater-fashion-heads that are into overpriced hype trend clothing.

1 Like

You can’t really blame him for trying. If someone offered me $8000 for something that I paid $1000 for, that might be a hard transaction to refuse. Anyone is that desperately in need of an S2400 that they pay over $8000 for one, well then I guess the joke is on them. I seriously doubt anyone will buy it, though. I’m not sticking up for the guy. I collect records and screen printed posters so I definitely hate flippers with a passion. There isn’t much they can do to stop it, other than imposing a strict limit of 1 S2400 per customer and that probably wont work either.

2 Likes

Agreed @MortChud I kind of posted half in jest and half in disgust, but if someone wants one badly enough there are only currently < 1000 of these in existence so theres bound to be someone who’ll pay 8 grand for it.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re absolutely right. There is always some fool with more money than brains out there :joy:

3 Likes

seriously yeah. I’m a sad sack right now with covid having me out of work. If someone offered me 8,000 for my unit I’d give it to them. But I wouldn’t ASK for that. I have a second unit coming because I knew these were a good get when the preorder price was happening and I had my job so it’s note like another wouldn’t be arriving in the next few months anyway.

But really that is a 800% mark up.

1 Like

#wallstreetbets

3 Likes

Stonks to the moon.

2 Likes

It might as well be an infinite mark up if the seller is a beta tester who got the unit for free :joy:

2 Likes

Obviously I know who it is from the ebay seller name compared to my customer database names.
Yeah, what a douche…

11 Likes

True douchebagery - It’s hard to knock anyone’s hustle, especially in these times, but this just screams taking advantage of/ gouging someone. Impossible to know the motives behind a purchase, but purchasing the 2400 as an investment piece IMO is/was an asinine motive even if it were Nostradamus himself making the order - would only be an attempt at taking advantage of the hype. I do believe that eventually resale will be quite high on these, but there is no market yet and I’m just sad that of the < 500 units in the wild, one of them is sitting in it’s box never to be opened and played with.

FWIW, and obv just find it funny/ 20/20 hindsight - had this guy invested his preorder $$$ in GameStop (assuming he ordered between Aug - Dec 2019) - it’d be worth $18,000+ at current and $82,000+ if he cashed out at peak. He was just following the wrong forums for investment advice lol

2 Likes

thats the reason why some people are buying 2 units at the time… LOL now i get it…

1 Like

Guy started at $11k - down to $8k - now down to $6k with his latest posting - S2400 ISLA INSTRUMENTS | eBay - at least he added pics of the machine, but now the box is opened! There goes the unopened box value.

Methinks it isn’t selling for much more than it’s currently available for new from Isla. GLWS though!!!

1 Like