SD card not being read

I just got back to my S2400 after a long break. Misplaced the SD card I used with it so tried two other ones (a 64gb Sandisk Extreme Plus & a Sony Tough 128Gb) but none are being recognised/read by the S2400?

These cards work perfect on my Macbook and Canon cameras.

Do they need to be formatted a certain way or is it something else?

Hope my S2400 card reader seems ok (red light flashes when card is inserted).

I don’t know the answer to this, but I had a similar experience.

After a break of several months, I put on the 2400. The old beats loaded fine, but I could not save anything anymore. Load my default project, save as a new name to work on… no go. Load a sample, chop it, save it… no go. Any write action was not possible anymore.

So I copied the content of the 512GB SD card (which had 2 GB free) to a HDD, formatted the SD card again, copied the whole content back to the SD and after 24 hours of needless copying everything worked as it should again.

No idea what had happened, but my use case seems software related to me. Your use case is different, but might be related.

Happened to me some 6 months ago, with the feb 2022 firmware.

1 Like

Looks like the problem comes from my cards being in ExFat format and not Fat32, which is according to the manual the only format the S2400 can read. I’ll try formatting later and see if this fixes the issue. I have a sneaky suspicion it will!

3 Likes

Same problem, didn’t use it for 6+ months, the card worked on my PC and Mac, but my S2400 didn’t read it. Turned out it was a new SD card incorrectly formatted as ExFAT on my PC.
My Windows 11 does not format to Fat32. Used a utility program, formatted to Fat32 but S2400 didn’t read it.
MacOS does format to “MS DOS” (supposed to be Fat32), but S2400 didn’t read it.
S2400 does format to Fat32, and S2400 did read it.
Copied the files back to the SD, problem soved.
Be aware, the SD appeared after about 30s so it’s possible that I took it out too quickly after formatting using utility program and Mac.