Saving Mulit Mode Slices

Can do pretty awesome fade ins / outs and filter sweeps with the envelopes, 8 different ways with multi-slice

I can understand the missing option. I’m a MPC2000Xl user and i start to go deeper in the concept from the SP2400. What i love in the 2000XL is to define the samples in different zones (slices) adjust start and end point of the zones and create a program with new samples (slices) which are automaticly assign to a pad via one click. For sample chopping its the workflow in the 2000xl still faster then with sp2400 . And sometimes i assign a recorded sample to all 16 pads of the MPC. An with the support of the MPD218 would this a nice feature too. 8 Pads are for me a bit limited. This is not a critic to the SP2400 but maybe an idea for a new feature.

2 Likes

Just posted in a similar thread how useful saving multis as a “program” would be, guess I will boost a +1 for “programs” here too.

1 Like

I used the XL for years then went to the S2400 and didn’t touch the XL for a couple of years. Went back to the XL for a bit and I was very frustrated how slow it is to chop and assign, and especially to pitch and filter. On the S2400 you just set your slice points and that’s it. If you want more than 8 slices just copy the pad and set 8 new slices. Only thing I prefer on the XL is the ergonomics of using it, but then it also needs 5 times as much inputs to use so that gets cancelled out.

It’s a nice advice and useful. After spending time with the sp2400 I realized that the both devices are not comparable. I still enjoy the workflow of the xl and the creating of programs. I will use the sp2400 for other things but isn’t a replacement for my XL. In other hands I’m also a bit happy about it. Thanks
Gunnar