2 multimode slice questions (maybe requests)

Two things I am unable to see how to do. Not sure if these are implemented or if would be considered feature requests. Both have to do with multimode loop/slice

1. say original sample is on pad 3, I set multimode slice, then i record my melody. Now say I make a mistake toward the end of the melody, say bar 8 pad 7 note of the chop. I want to erase these and then re lay them down. If I go into step edit I only see the original a3 pad (not a7) i see the trigger in step edit under a3 for the a7 pad but I’m not able to erase it. Ie. Highlight the small note I see and hit erase it just says the sound doesn’t exist. How do I remove that specific note(s) to re record that one piece of the melody?

2. is there a way in multimode slice to save all and assign the saved chops to all 8 pads? Or can this only be done 1 by one? (Feature request would be to be able to save / assign all to 8 different pads)

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

1- it should be possible to delete only the last event. Hqve you tried to keep the erase button maintained while pressing the pad when the cursor is on the event you want to delete?

2- Not possible. I created a request in the past but it’s possible to do more and more things while staying in multislice mode so this request may never see the light of the day. There were many more limitations in the past compared to now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yea I tried the highlight the event and hit erase to no avail. What I noticed the little dot in the step sequencer where it shows the notes are smaller on the multi slice hits in comparison to the one shots. It’s odd. I’ll play with it more but as of now I have to undo the whole melody and replay it which is fine for a 4 bar loop, a pain on a 16 bar :rofl:

Regarding #2 that sucks – not the end of the world but would be a nice addition to process in bulk the chops! Peace bro

1 Like

Yeah try again next time :slight_smile: If it looks smaller it’s maybe because you have a different quantize setting. You can try to zoom in or you can create a selection while keeping shift pressed and move the encoder. Then, you delete what you don’t want inside that selection. There should be a mean to do what you want :slight_smile:

About #2 there is less and less need for that to be honest. For my personal workflow, I wouldn’t create the feature request now compared to 1 year ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess the alternative is to save each slice and load across the pads individually

2 Likes

@spinnie_B yup basically what I do now. Was looking for a quick fix like the mpc1000 has on it. Set chops, assign to a program, all pads loaded with the chops.

Oh well if it’s never implemented not the end of the world it’s a nice feature though!

1 Like

I think it’s a glitch. Try saving and restarting the machine or something?