Sample truncate option if at all possible please

having to save a file every time i cut some audio or blank space is a bit hmmm

or did i miss a trick?

thanks

4 Likes

Depending on what you are doing you don’t have to save the file. The start/end/slices are saved in the project so as long as you aren’t working with a really large file you can leave the extra bits without saving.

1 Like

yeah i get mate that but looking at blank audio in a sample is annoying and audio not being used is just space , i know i am not saying anything you don’t know obviously

i know we can work round it, just seems kinda basic for a sampler

5 Likes

I mentioned some different editing features in another post - but generally speaking would appreciate if the unit had the basic repertoire of editing functions (copy, cut/paste, discard, fade in/out, etc). Nothing crazy, just the basics.

The common response has been to do it on the PC/Mac, but it sort of kills the flow of working on the s2400, which is otherwise fast/efficient.

7 Likes

agreed

1 Like

Yep need this.

5 Likes

I 100% agree! Truncation is badly needed for samples! makes this unit dependent on other devices. Should be solo stand alone unit. Hard to believe I can’t back in to edit a previous sample .

3 Likes

Wait….am I missing something? Normally when I sample in I trim things and then save before working in them. Much like other machines that becomes the root sample that I work off of. If I want to put it on different pads and then give them all different start points, I can do that, if I don’t wish to work in multi mode. If I want to trim further, I just do that and resave the new sample. Are folks not liking that it keeps the previous sample saved?

For me I would like after I sample to be able to cut/truncate the sample before I save it. What if you sample way too long and want to save space.

1 Like

Buuuuuuut….that’s how the 2400 sampler works. You can adjust the start and end of samples, adjust the level to your liking, rename and then save it. Are you looking for a different type of chopping function to be added? Or are you trying to make multiple chops out of one sample? Kinda not understanding the ask. You can also chop the sample you want, assign it to a pad and save, re-chop that same same source audio into a new slice and save again, over and over again from the same sample window.

2 Likes

Like I said, after recording a sample and before saving it, trim off any excess unneeded audio.

1 Like

I don’t understand, isn’t that how you do it?

You sample something, set the start & end points, hit save and what’s inside your start and end points gets saved to where ever you want.

1 Like

It sounds like you are skipping that step. You can (and absolutely should) trim the beginning & end and adjust the level of the sample before saving it. Have you read thru the manual or looked at the video manual on its operation? Not trying to be funny. There’s some really great info in there!

2 Likes

I was initially in the we need menu option 19 truncate camp. But there are so many options to trim and save copies of files it’s completely unnecessary.you can save a trimmed file

1. when you sample- trim start and end and save the file
  2. in loop slice mode- trim the sample and save with same/different name to the project or any folder you want
  3. in multi slice mode save a slice to the project or any folder

Any time the wave editor is available you can hit save and save a copy of a sample trimmed anyway you like. I think this is way more powerful than the original.

4 Likes

As others have stated it sounds like you’re skipping the ability to trim the start and end immediately after sampling/ before saving and/or assigning to a pad.

What would be a really cool add is the ability to set slice points manually before saving the sample so that it pulls up those slices in multi later. Would be really useful when sampling to a click and you want to tap out slice points.

1 Like

I swear when I cut a new sample it doesn’t save the cut. And I don’t even smoke anymore.

Kind of the flip side, but I would be pretty excited for a concatenate function - sample multiple items, and then chain them together (so they can be used on one pad w/ slices) w/o getting the laptop involved.

2 Likes

This would be a powerful time saver indeed. Now I use the PC to chain for slicing, but this takes planning it in advance. On the spot chaining will be much more in the moment

2 Likes

Totally agree!

1 Like

OR, even better and potentially way more powerful and useful - allow different samples to be imported on the same pad, which can then be treated as slices…

2 Likes