Truncate sample

Is there going to be a sample truncate feature added in a future update? This machine could definitely use that feature.

1 Like

hitting save while editing the sample start and end points acts just like truncate. Would that work for you?

1 Like

I gotta try that next time. Im just wondering if truncate can be added as a listed function/ or shortcut for future firmware O.S. update. I understand Workarounds are better than nothing but even some of most basic samplers has this feature.

1 Like

There are multiple ways of doing this.

1. Shift+Pad, Scroll down to the bottom where it says Actions. Then go to Bounce Sound. Pick if you want it to be mono or stereo, and also which pad you would like for it to be assigned to.
  2. While in chop mode or edit mode, hit the pad/chop so you can see the waveform edited to your liking, then Shift+StepProgram(Save)
  3. You can Resample as well, but I usually just Bounce Sound or us the Saving Technique depending what I’m doing.

I actually like how the S2400 gives you these options. I wouldn’t change it at all. I get what your saying though. You’re looking for the word “Truncate”

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply

This worked. Was able to take chops, assign to pad, then chop further/ or loop. Which is what I looking for.

1 Like