S2400 fader, as a... BPM pitch fader?

To the ISLA team: There are producers who are also djs, so… In a future firmware I would like to see this feature: The S2400 user, to be able and specify any S2400’s excellent (smooth) faders using the Shift button, (without altering that fader’s prior settings) and use this particular fader as a pitch fader, so the user to be able and match the tempo of a beat pattern or a song of the drum machine with the beat/tempo of a vinyl record/controller playing live in the clubs, by a dj/producer. Thanks for your time & attention.

Can you not use the encoder for that?

1 Like

I intend of buying two S2400, so I don’t know for sure, maybe yes, maybe not. Still… how are you going to synchronise it? You can set the exact BPM tempo but It might won’t match it live exactly. By assigning one of the S2400’s fader, as a pitch fader you can do it live perfectly, like when you are beat matching the BPMs of two turntables.

Do you plan on using both S2400s and mix between them with a DJ mixer? If that’s the case you can just sync them together with midi and they will both play in sync all the time.

If you want to beat match the S2400 to a vinyl record I think you could do that with the encoder, but it will probably be pretty hard since you can’t slow the machine down briefly like you would by putting a hand on a vinyl record until the other vinyl player catches up if you know what I mean.

Keep in mind that if you just have one shot drum hits sequenced it usually works pretty good if you change the tempo. But if you have a chopped up beat or other chopped melodic samples they won’t time stretch in real time as you change the tempo of the machine so they will start to sound out of sync.

Also if you hold shift and turn the encoder when the tempo field is highlighted you get smaller increments like 120.1 bpm instead of it going from 120 to 121 bpm.

1 Like

If you know how to mix records without touching the record (“riding the pitch”), then it should be no problem mixing in the S2400 with a knob/encoder (or any other old drum machine or reel2reel tape machine).

2 Likes

Thanks man, that’s what I want, you wrote it > “To beat match the S2400 to a vinyl record I think you could do that with the encoder…” It will be hard to do it with the encoder. That’s why it would be good to see in a future update the possibility of using one of the S2400 faders as “pitch fader” like the pro-dj turntables have, it would be a lot easier and faster! Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for your reply!