Option to Invert Mix Fader (+/- gain)

It would be really nice if we had the ability to invert the mix fader (+/- gain) per track in the mixer track settings

ex: crossfading between two sample/drum tracks would be much easier and can be done with one hand

anyone know what I’m talking about here? would love to hear your voices on this.

It should be a fairly simple feature to add in and it wouldn’t make the user interface or anything else about the s24 clunky. If you don’t think you’d use it, one day you might, because I personally feel like this small feature could open up some new creative possibilities.

I could see how DJs would like the pitch inverted so that it mimics the pitch fader on a turntable.

Man @aleksklax thank you for chiming in— it might seem like a stupid request but imho I think it could be really useful.

Just to clarify, I think that the faders should be defaulted to how they are but it would be cool if there was a check box in the mixer mode settings to flip it, as an option

Ex: think of having two different sample sequences (merged into one sequence, one muted via fader, two different hihats, kicks etc. without hitting max poly), that’s already 6 faders… relating to what you said being what DJ’s do— it would be nice to flip some of the faders so when I’m in the main mixer mode, if you pull all of the faders down, you could get an easier cross fade (via volume) on the fly with one hand

On a side note, are pitch faders usually flipped on turntables? Mine isn’t but I could believe that some are like that

Yes, on every turntable I’ve ever DJed with the pitch increases when you move the fader down (towards you).

I remember seeing the Roland MC-307 and thinking that more gear would start copying this convention but obviously that idea never took off.

1 Like

On a DJ turntable it’s the only “logical” layout I suppose. Imagine when using the turntable vertically (battle layout) if we’d need to move the fader to the left to increase the pitch it would feel super counter-intuitive.

Just realized that my at-lp120 is like that +pitch as the fader goes down, never realized it-- I guess I got so used to it :rofl: wow

a buddy of mine had the 307 for a little while before he had to sell it because he had to move, that thing was interesting, loved the realtime pitching on it that I think you could automate into sequences

makes sense!! I haven’t really DJ’d myself but I’ve seen some live performances where they’ve had their turntable flipped like that-- battle mode, right, I remember hearing that phrase, I forgot about that-- what about for us left-handers bro? :laughing:

1 Like

I like the original request for inverting the volume faders in mixmode. I can see the appeal for a crossfader simulations for DJ style live manipulations.

All the talk after that, about DJs and pitchfaders doesn’t make sense to me. I did shows with 1 turntable, loads with two, a few with three. Done turntablism battles too… Still love to scratch and make music on turntables and a looper.

This thread seems to be derailed by a lot of assumptions. I can’t see the usecases for inverting anything other than volume.

Just my 2c

1 Like

@syah71

that's exactly what I had in mind!! thank you for dropping in

nice, wish I had more experience with that, but never built on those experiences, glad it’s still alive and well

:rofl: