S2400 Daughterboard DEV during the 1 year Hiatus

Hi, so while I know OS dev keeps on brilliantly evolving… Wondering what is going on with the DaughterBoard DEV??? I know that Brad seems very distracted now, but this 1 year down time is perfect for prototyping and creating the circuit board designs? We hope it won’t be like the Sequencer in Kordbot.
We don’t want to have to wait 2 years to get these Daughter boards… So what is the plan?

Thanks
Chris

He’s already said they’re working on a couple of hardware related s2400 projects, so I don’t really think you’re gonna get more than that until he has something real to tease. It seems like one is definitely the sp1200 disk reader since he teased a 3D mock-up of that on IG already. As for other stuff, I’m sure he’ll spill the beans when he’s ready. Whatever it is, I’m excited for it!

4 Likes

Did he say they are still planning on evolving the firmware?

After seeing that first video where he is surrounded by an ocean of synths I kind of lost hope for any more firmware developments. It seems the synth side is already more work than hours in a day.

it’s a solid product but I would love some more updates to the midi and the sequencing side.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Mickey and Vlad aren’t really working on the synth project, so I don’t see how that work would interfere with any firmware progress. But without the synth project I don’t see how they could afford to keep funding the firmware updates in the short term since they have to take a break from producing any new 2400’s for awhile. So I wouldn’t worry. I think they are being really smart about how they adapt the company to do whatever it takes to keep working and keep money coming in. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Ya man, either way I judged this device in my 14 day window based on what it can do right now. It can be quirky,… some workarounds necessary… and every once in awhile does something strange … but man… when I track it into my DAW, the sound … it’s just got the sound so it’s a keeper as is. I can’t get over how it gets that 90’s dusty vibe

2 Likes