Starting the discussion

Bear with me while I start fleshing out the content for these forums.
This will be the place to discuss all things S2400 related…
So ask away if you have specific questions.

3 Likes

Since you and the team are going to be receiving an onslaught of questions regarding potential features, how are you going to handle/manage them? Will we see a specific forum section/thread with that, or a separate voting page?

I ask this because I am wondering about the MIDI Bank/sequencing implementation with the S2400, but understand this is less of a concern with 1.0 to get it out the door. I am guessing there will be a slew of things that are on the drawing board that are not needed to ship it out (hopefully) next month.

Good question, I think we have to play that by ear for now.

We have to design the device we intend to, design by committee is hard to manage.
Once we present our work, how we want to do it (it’s ours after all) then I think we then open up for suggestions about refinement, feature requests etc.

You’ve probably seen how these things can turn out when every person and their dog throws their 2c in, you’d end up with a device that nobody would want to use.
Having a product that ‘did everything’ I don’t think can truly exist in the real world.

2 Likes

Ergonomics must remain the strong point of the beast. Too many menus and submenus slow down creativity. Do not especially fall into the crosses of doped machines like the Mpc X (for example)

You’ve probably seen how these things can turn out when every person and their dog throws their 2c in, you’d end up with a device that nobody would want to use.
Having a product that ‘did everything’ I don’t think can truly exist in the real world.

Wise words. Plus, if it did everything you wouldn’t be able to make any other products to sell.

1 Like

Just wanted to say im very grateful for what youre doing. It wont fully fill the void left by finding out my “dad” was actually my stepdad and my biological father was a war criminal, but it should certainly help drown out those droning thoughts of what i may someday become. Thank you so much for your efforts.

1 Like

happens to the best of us…

Sorry, ill stop with that second one…

My only dream feature, and I know this is A BIG dream, is if the external floppy drive goes into production if there’s any possibility it could read multiple formats (Akai, Ensoniq, etc) that would be my Christmas miracle wish.

def something we’re already thinking about.
Obviously, focus is on the machine itself right now though.

1 Like

Hi Brad,

It would be nice if you could create 2 sub categories that stay on top of the S2400 section : 1) Bug reports and 2) Feature requests.

I am still a MPC JJ OS user. In more than 10 years of use I paid 3 times for OS upgrades.

I think it is a win win situation. In this case developers listen to active people feedback and requests. People can get what they want. There is a basic OS and years after the release people can choose to pay for an OS upgrade.

2 Likes

Yup, we intend to do that, in fact, we already have, it’s just that the beta sections are currently private.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

All the “feature talk” is fine, but I’d much prefer a rock solid set of basic features that works flawlessly! Thanks for all the work Brad. If I ever decide to develop a new product, you are the first person I’m calling.

Actual question this time: Is the ability to do time code vinyl through this still potentially happening? /Would that be a first round feature or just an idea for on down the line?

Bam I’m in the game!!! :notes::notes::notes::notes::notes::notes:

Also… How long til we get to see video footage of easy moe bee messing with this? (/questlove?)(/dj muggs?)

Ordered my S2400 and case a few weeks back and really looking forward to receiving it.

Excited about the design and functionality of the unit and it’s been fascinating watching Brad oversee the design and development process.

A quick question about aesthetics. I LOVE those wooden sides! Are we able to order them before you ship the units so you send with them already attached?

Or will only they be available as an option at a later date?

I get the eagerness, I’d be the same.
But know that there is a massive workload to get even just the machines out.
It’s most likely the sides will have to be an ‘after the fact’ purchase.
at the very least because they are not going to fit in the shipping boxes, and the extra administrative effort involved in finding out who ordered sides and creating custom orders.
For this first wave of machines, it’ll probably not be possible without putting me in a grave before they are all shipped.

2 Likes

How big are these waves of machines expected to be? Or how many waves til youre through with preorders would you think?

Are there going to be any goodies in the box besides the unit itself? hehehehe :crazy_face:

1 Like