Randomly going between mix outs and headphones. Blank resamples

On the latest firmware. There has been one closed topic on this already but no one really discussed anything besides SD cards for some reason which doesn’t seem relevant to this issue at all.

The machine will randomly swap between mix outs and headphones. This happens usually when going between sample mode and back to main mode. Very frustrating because it’s very inconsistent and there’s no way to get mix outs back besides going in and out of sample mode several times and hoping it sticks. Sometimes mix outs will work in sample mode and not main mode, sometimes the opposite. Rebooting the machine sometimes works but I just did that and it’s behaving even worse now.

Sometimes audio will not pass through mix outs OR headphones, like right now I should be getting USB audio monitored over mix outs but I’m getting neither those nor headphones. If I go into sample mode, I should get one of those. Yep, headphones. Went back and forth a few times, got mix outs in sample mode. Still nothing monitoring in base mode. I haven’t changed any settings to do with USB, monitoring, levels etc in weeks.

It also does this sort of thing when using resample mode because presumably that’s the same as normal sampling.

I just tried to sample over USB where the USB audio was monitoring fine over mix outs, went into sample mode and it swapped to headphones, saved and assigned the sample and back in normal mode it swapped back to mix outs, then I resampled that file and it was back to headphones while it did that. But the resulting file was empty audio. I assigned the original sample, saved and rebooted. The sample played fine over mix outs, but attempting to resample, the same thing happened again. Swap to headphones for the 33>45rpm resample and it creates an empty file. I assigned a file at random from a folder and attempted to resample, same deal. I’ve never seen this issue before, only the random swaps between mix outs and headphones. Both of these are completely killing my ability to use this machine right now.

Hey. I’ve never heard of this issue and am a little confused by what you mean when it comes to the audio coming out as headphones. Could you elaborate? And to be clear, this is happening when you go to and from sample mode?

Can you link that topic please?

Could you also add some structure to your post and make it in the form of the report? It would help the team a lot!

This is a very inconsistent issue, I’ve had a normal past few days sampling and resampling etc. Just now it’s decided to get screwy again and switch between sending audio out of headphones or mix outs at random. And when this happens during resampling, it results in an audio file of the correct length, but it’s just silence.

USB monitoring is also affected, with the machine randomly choosing to output to headphones or mix outs, changing its mind when going into and out of sample mode. Sometimes USB monitoring stops passing audio entirely, I’m currently getting nothing out of headphones or mix outs. Playing audio on my computer and going back and forth from sample mode a few times gave me no audio when monitoring in base mode and only headphones in sample mode, then the final time it gave me mix outs in sample mode as well as monitoring when back in base mode, as it should.

I have not changed any settings at all throughout all these issues, the machine just seemingly spins a roulette wheel for this stuff.

I’m not sure what you mean by make a post in the form of a report, I thought that’s what this was.

I thought that this issue had been resolved in the firmware updates because I hadn’t noticed it occurring. But I also haven’t used my unit often enough. Just today I sampled, assigned and saved some audio, then ended up at the base screen. But the pad didn’t output any audio, so I thought I must have levels set incorrectly.

But no, none of my pads were outputting through the individual outs that were working fine a minute earlier. Then I realised it must be this old problem, so I turned up the heaphones, and that’s working fine. I’m no longer using the mix outs or USB like I used to, but using individual outs into an interface. On hitting pads, I can see a tiny amount of signal (-60db) registering. Maxing out the gain on the interface and boosting to +40db on the S2400 I can get a reasonable though extremely distorted level through the output.

Going into sample mode then back again, the pads all work again outputting as expected. Going in and out of sample mode several more times didn’t cause the issue again, but now I’m wary of it occurring at any moment and causing a nuisance.

I have no idea what the deal with this issue is, why the machine suddenly wants to disable mix and individual outs, but still output through headphones. I presume the tiny level still sent through the individual outs is crosstalk from the headphone output?