Please stop this auto zoom in step / tr mode just because i nudge a step

oh i understand their reasoning provided by them and i went through this before but that doesn’t make it sensible or correct and it completely wrecks any workflow if a user is accessing the screen in the typical step sequencing fashion - i now have to operate a zoomed in screen just because i have a step that is nudged by some miniscule amount… think of every step seq: out there that uses a screen and try to find one that behaves like this, i think there are none and with good reason, because it screws users - imagine if a DAW did this every time we had a nudged step? we are dealing with a 21st century screen that could show a thin line for steps out of grid - user zooms in and line gets fatter, normal.

we can zoom in using f3 and out using f1 so there is no reason why that functionality should not be utilised in this use case - nudge a step and to find it we zoom in, or even in edit mode it shows there is a step but if you are on wrong zoom level it tells you, how does that not make better sense? The none logic is then reversed on the user when steps go missing from the sequencing pads just because they are nudged off grid. Completely not user friendly in both cases

btw it has nothing to do with quantise - i am seeing this with all tracks set to 1/16 when i nudge

2 Likes