Please allow option of switching off of 8 bit aliasing on release of classic env

I like the simplicity of classic env but not always the sound of the aliasing. please allow an option to be able to switch off if desired.

2 Likes

The manual says that’s as designed. HiFi sounds like your option.

I guess so, but they seem to respond slightly differently and I like the way the faders work on classic. I may be in the minority with this one but worth a shot

1 Like
  • 1 here

I also like the simplicity of the classic env too and would welcome an option to turn off the aliased release

1 Like

@Mickey I was wondering if this would be an easy on/off pref? The simplicity of the classic envelope is really great in use - it works perfectly from the overview, but I haven’t found the 8-bit aliasing to be desirable

1 Like

+1

Yes, the classic envelop is so perfect for working samples very fast (way faster than that 6 stages hifi one which I canlt get used to after 1.5 year) but unfortunately you can only remove a bit of tail before it starts to be unpleasant or simply unusable :frowning: i would also like to make it default envelop because of that beautiful curve !

Is that why my kicks start to fart when I shorten the amp envelope? :dash:

2 Likes

yeah exactly. kicks, bass sounds, anything with low frequencies.

The 8-bit release messes up bass sounds, I hope this will be addressed in the next update.

1 Like

Is this what happened on the sp1200?