Painted text wearing off with consistent use

i’d totally get one! i know him personally (lives near me) and i have two S2400s myself. the paint on those units hasn’t started to fade or chip off and as far as i know this isn’t a widespread issue. it seems like maybe the protective coating wasn’t added in the manufacturing phase.

Seems like a paint defect but I even noticed this on other gear like MPC’s and I tell dudes this: Keep your Finger nails trimmed all the way down because they will chip or scratch any paint over time and clean your hands really well to remove any grease or grime. I see dudes eating Fried Chicken wings in the Studio and I’m like “WTF” lol. I am not saying you are but all the dudes with them Cocaine Finger nails who Eat greasy food then pound out beats on their gear has their shit looking Jacked the fuck up in No time. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl: truth

been guilty of some bad studio behaviour over here - done some bad stuff on stage too hahahaa - none of it involves fried chicken though

i think the above were a few unfortunate anomalies personally - the paint on mine seems beyond solid

We need a company to make a magnetic faceplate for the 2400. They can even be in different colors\designs. Instead of the normal skins with sticky glue.

8 Likes

Would love a SP12 skin. Was thinking of doing one for the Maschine about a year ago. Sumthin about that SP12 face :ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Umm! Not exactly because I’m quite careful and never touch the faceplate.

I do have a tiny chip in the pigment on pad 1 though. I didn’t realize they paint them, but they appear to start off clear and get a black square put on top, because the chipped spot is still rubbery, but whatever colour the backlight is set to shines through.

It is really tiny though, like a dead pixel on an HD display. Fingernails, I guess. Could be fixed with a permanent marker.

1 Like

Guys I bought some custom skins (great quality) from Styleflip for my roland gear. I recently went on their site to look for s2400, but it’s not listed because not enough interest. that being said, if enough requests for s2400, then we’ll all be able to buy nice skins for our units.

5 Likes

Sent my request to them too…
(mail your request to orders@styleflip.com)

4 Likes

The text on my unit has also started to come off after just 9 months, and I consider myself to be quite obsessive when it comes to handling my gear, I am careful and only touch it with clean hands lol. The faded or chipped paint seems to have come out of nowhere, I was surprised to see it in areas I don’t think I touched, like the long grey bar decal at the front, and the mute/solo text.

I have just registered my interest in the custom skin :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

At this point I am getting it as well. Below the start/stop. Looks kind of cool tbh.

Quick fix: take the faceplate off, sandblast it, then electroplate it with various resists to recreate text using precious metals and polish it to a mirror finish. :woman_scientist:

would be cool if someone came up with making little white stickers for all the text as a backup to whichever you needed to stick over.

2 Likes

an SP12 Skin would be welcome

4 Likes

If this were to come out, I’d seriously lose faith in humanity. This “solution” is exactly what people are using for mpc3k and mpc60

3 Likes

What would you propose instead?

Raising tickets for RMA? Kinda torn on this, if it were a bigger company I’d be throwing my weight around more.

3 Likes

I guess. It’s important for sure.

1 Like

Gotta see what buttons your pushing… ya know…

1 Like

Wow yes! Mine started peeling off about a month ago on the Record and Play buttons.

Mine has been coming off too. I’m wondering if there will be a skin we can just pop on to alleviate this in the future.

1 Like

I would think this is a possibility. It seems like something with a very low-tack adhesive on the areas where there is no print such as the top / sides might be best by a company like Oversynth might work. Then again Brad may have another solution down the line.

Just an idea if there was a plastic sheet you put on top of your s2400 & it had decal letter opening for all the text and you could just paint over it.