Pads to create pattern changes

I’d like to be able to use four banks of pads to change patterns on the fly for a live performance, or to be able to use the pads in song mode and tap pads to create a sequence of patterns, much like the song mode on the MPC ( you can tap the pads, representing sequences, to create your chain of sequences.) I can imagine a shortcut being something like, Shift plus long press of the Bank button to enter live pattern change mode.
Any thoughts, ideas or feedback?

4 Likes

could always copy drum loops to different pads if you have loops on a pad and play them at different patterns. if you have different instruments on pads on other banks just record the drums onto different patterns and you could always put them in song mode so you dont have to touch anything and just press play

Interesting suggestion but that feels like a workaround and not a feature.

1 Like

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/nanoPAD2wt--korg-nanopad2-white

In some ways your idea to have pattern switch in Song Mode makes sense. The issue I see here is that the pads already have a dedicated function in song mode which is critical and well implemented. This being for you use the pads to switch mute or solo states on or off. I wouldnt want to change this feature.

Shift + pad could do it.

1 Like