Not being able to record smooth midi CC?- possible workaround

As far as i can tell at the moment it’s not possible to record smooth and continuous midi cc data for midi tracks, only when the pad is pressed the data is recorded.
Found a possible workaround. Set quantize to fine and use the note repeat while pressing the pad and recording the data. When used extensively maybe this will send too much midi data but it can be used with smaller resolutions (16th or 32nd for example) for different results. I don’t know if midi tracks count for the maximum amount of voices. Setting it to fine and recording lots of data could be a problem.
A latch function for the note repeat would be nice as it takes some coordination at the moment ;-).

Midi tracks won’t steal voices from your audio out.

Shift+Tap/Repeat locks repeat mode. Any pads pressed will be repeated without having to hold the Tap/Repeat key.

1 Like

Cool, I have to try! Does it work?

I guess you would have to also play a note every ”fine” quantize step and record that while you tweak a cc knob?

How do you make it so the ”fine” notes doesn’t sound?

I’ve been experimenting a bit further and it doesn’t really work as i hoped it would.
For one parameter like filter cutoff fe it works if the synth is quite ‘stable’. As soon as you record more than 1 parameter chances are big the s2400 or the synth will lock up.
I use a separate track for the cc data. So notes on one track, the other track on the same midi channel but with the pad set to CC gated. Quantize to fine and note repeat on while recording and tweaking the knob, fader,…these ‘notes’ don’t send any note data.
Using the live looper while tweaking the synth in real time seems a more viable option. Oh well…

1 Like

Hopefully they find a way to implement smooth cc and filter sweeps eventually!