Multi Mode Slice & Midi

Does anyone know whether it’s possible to trigger Multi Mode slices via MIDI? For example using an MPC or SP1200…Maybe even a Rossum SP1200 :wink:

Yes, you can set the track to pitch or slices in the track settings menu.

Thanks for the pointer!

Is it possible to achieve this for multiple samples simultaneously? Let’s say triggering slices of a melodic sample on track 1 and also slices of a drum break on track 2.

Haven’t tried myself but I think you can, just set them to different midi channels.

Thank you! I appreciate the response. I’ll give it a shot and see how it goes.

For some reason I cannot get this to work. I have mapped my MPC just fine to the pads, so far so good. When I’m in multi / slice mode however, set my slices and adjust the sync menu to specify slice/note instead of say percussion (my default) then triggering from the MPC keeps playing the entire sample instead of just the slice I specified. Hitting the pad on the S2400 does indeed still play the desired slice only. Stumped and not sure I am overlooking anything obvious, any tips for troubleshooting?

Also discussed here External MIDI triggering for multimode - #14 by Bram

I have this mapped out on a 2000xl, i think the lowest midi note you can assign on there is 35, so go to your settings for a1 and make that note 35 on slice mode, then 36-43 will be for the individual slices, so set a2 to 44, etc. then go in the mpc, start mapping a midi program with a1 starting at 36, skip 44, etc. A9 on the mpc should be note 45 then. The 2000xl only has four banks, so that program only controls bank a on the s2400, but you can still get up to 64 slices out of it.

2 Likes

Are you saying we can control Multis across different S2400 tracks? I could only ever get it to work for one track at a time.

Thanks, that helped get me on the path to it working now. My first mistake was not to clear my full default mapping. Only realized now I needed to keep 8 notes apart to the next one I map for say track 2 on the S2400. So, to also answer the follow up question from Bram; yes I now got it to work to trigger slices on multiple S2400 tracks simultaneously from the MPC2500.

Glad to be of assistance

Cool I’ll have to try again… Mickey seemed to say it wasn’t possible!