Live Performance Feature: Pre-fader CUE

Hi. After spending the week gearing up to play live sets, I ran into a stumbling block. Well, it didn’t block my stumbling to be honest. It created it. haha

1. A way to CUE / MONITOR tracks before they are sent to the mix bus would be great, especially for looped samples in a performance context.

This would ideally be on a track basis and pre- “home fader” (A-E banks). Another option would be to do it on an output basis (an accessible menu item to switch a specific output (1-8) to MON while simultaneously removing it from the mix bus, as if a physical cable were plugged into it.

The simplest workaround is to have a mixer next to the sampler, use the analog outs and monitor/cue from that mixer, but…

The 2400 can almost function as it’s own mixer, and it’s really applealling to just be able to bring one device out and play with that. If button real estate is an issue, we could just use a midi bank to toggle it!

Anyway, just a thought. I feel like the DSP module being rolled out would be an opportunity to address this? Thanks as always.

2 Likes