Jumpy sliders

I’ve made a video demonstration of the issue. Not sure if it’s hardware-related, but on my machine I can always reproduce it.

1 Like

On mine I cannot reproduce it.

I go to pan and use the 8th fader. If I reach the top at a slow pace, I sometimes cannot get completely to the right. With faster pace never an issue.

But in both cases I cannot get the displayed fader to jump.

1 Like

Thanks for testing! It seems indeed to be a hardware issue. I have the same behavior in all modes on slider #8.

I tried to move it back and forth in order to clear the dirt, and it started to behave a little different, but that max position still remains problematic.

Ouch, that is :frowning:

Try contact CS to inform what to do with such an issue. Good luck!

1 Like

Had same issue-

WD-40 Quick Drying Contact Cleaner

1 Like

i also had this issue – contact cleaner works.

1 Like

I also had this issue and it stopped by itself at somepoint (i’m happy)

I wonder why you need to do that with a near new machine, are sliders faulty or very sensitive ? Would like to now what is the problem exactly. Dust ?

A couple of mine do this as well.

i was wondering too, there were a couple of people with the same problem.

Did anyone sort this out? I have a big show this weekend and the 2400 is the centerpiece of the setup…I can’t have this slider jumping around during a set!

Did you just spray it in from the top of the unit into the vertical opening?

Yes, this is the way.

1 Like

So do people still have this issue? I got busy with school/work and didn’t get to use the s2400 for a bit, then when I did, the faders were pretty annoying… It took me awhile of just moving them back and forth to get them going properly again. Especially at the tops and bottoms. I know how to do with without a spray, but it won’t be very long until it comes back. I had a cover on it the whole time as well and still had the come back with a vengeance. lol.
I seen someone said to spray it with deoxit and something else… then putting it upside down to drain it? With deoxit I usually never have to do that with my gear but also… I don’t usually ever have to use deoxit on much of my gear.

Anyways. If anyone has gotten results and has advice, it would be much appreciated. Cheers

Yeah mine have started acting up just recently which is weird.

If I move Fader 1 all the way down, I can see it jumping back up about 1/8th of the way on the screen. Need to give it a go with some contact cleaner but its got a cover and it’s a smoke-free studio so I’m surprised that it’s playing up.

One of the other faders does it at the top too.

WD40 grease work fine for me!!! never happen again

Here is the in-house Isla method.

If a fader is a bit wonky at the top or bottom of its range I’ve been able to rectify it by moving it to the affected area then pressing the fader down and wiggling it from side to side whilst moving it slightly up and down. This resolves the issue for me the vast majority of the time and its only when that doesn’t work that I break out the contact cleaner.

1 Like