Hifi Audio Engine Specs

I’ve been searching for an answer to this elsewhere in the forums, my apologies if this is a duplicate question…

Is the Hifi Audio engine 24 bit or 16 bit? I see the specs are currently listed at 16bit, but I’m nearly certain the original spec was 24bit.

Can anyone help clarify?

It will play 16, 24 or 32bit int at 48khz(or just about any sample rate with 48, 44.1 and 26khz playing at the ‘correct’ pitch. Any odd sample rate should play but will be higher or lower in pitch. Sample rates below 48khz will be higher in pitch above 48 will be lower) Anything over 16bit will just use more RAM and likely not be audible in most cases. Feel free to use whatever you like the best though.

Am I wrong in thinking the published spec has changed? Why is it listed at 16 bit if will play 32 bit?

It was advertised as 24 bit at first but to avoid confusion it’s advertised as 16 bit now.
By the way everything is in the manual :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tnkz76 Sorry that I wasn’t clear on my question. I wasn’t asking what the specs were, but why the advertised spec changed.

If I understand @StupidAmericanPig response (thank you) - the s2400 samples (via physical inputs) and plays back at 16bit, but will handle files (via SD Card) at 24 or 32 bit.

Which would explain why it can’t be advertised as a 24-bit sampler.

Thanks,

1 Like