Faders and knobs *not* changing parameters after sampling

That requirement caught me the other day too. It’s a bit counter-intuitive.
Is there are particular reason why you need to reset all three faders, even if you’re just trying to adjust the point with one?

The point is based on the sum of the three faders. Even when caught up, you can see this. Move them all to zero, then move fader 2 or 3. The start will move.

I appreciate that, and that it is noted also in the on-screen help, but in practice it feels unnecessarily complicated.
I would suggest that requiring only the fader being adjusted to be moved to engage fader-catchup, while using the internal state value of the other two faders (unless those faders are then subsequently engaged). This is more consistent with the behaviour across the rest of the interface.

@st1 Is there any other information you can give us that might help? Almost every member of the dev and beta team has tried to reproduce this without any luck.

When it happens, is on ALL faders? If you change modes from Pitch to Level, or open up a waveform or envelope editor, is the same thing happening in there? If you save the project whilst the bug is present and immediately reload it (with or without rebooting) does it remain, or go away? If you can retrigger the problem, have a play and let us know any info. Even if it seems irrelevant, it might help Mickey track it down.

1 Like

All good questions, it has only happened one more time since the ticket was opened, and prior to most of the content of this thread. And so, I can’t explain any more than I have. I sampled something, set the pitch lower (no slice/env) changes. Sampled another item, assigned to pad 2, and then what you see in the video.

Of course the next time it happens I will play around with more parameters and try assigning more samples/sampling new content to see if it continues.

I am not on my machine every day (the exigencies of the wage/labor system impinge).

*I would note my machine is one of the ones that fires off random sample plays while sleeping (and doesn’t wake up, previous bug report - apparently Brad has witnessed such behavior).

mine still fires off a random sample as soon as it falls asleep, always has. didn’t know there was a bug report, kinda hard to capture that one unless a camera happens to be on. sorry to digress from the OP

Thanks @st1. It’s impossible to fix a bug that can’t be found, so any further insights you can supply will be useful. Just post back here if and when it happens.

My machine plays phantom hits too. Always whilst in Sleep mode. It played a rimshot at me the other day - clearly didn’t appreciate my humour :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

lol i wish i knew or could predict which track it was triggering…I’d leave a “da dun, tsst” sample on it

2 Likes

Happened again (with the new firmware).

Again, sampled one item, → A1 and saved, pitched. Sampled a second item, assigned to A2, faders have no effect of pitch, level, or env.

Sampled a third item in, and everything worked fine again.

Saved the project, which I can up load here later, but it does not recapitulate the error when loaded (everything functions/responds normally).

@st1 Thanks. You seem to be doing the same specific sequence when it happens. But when we try we can’t reproduce it. Can you make it happen at will? If so, can you give very specific step-by-step instructions on what you’re doing (every button push if possible)? I know it’s a pain, but until we can reproduce it, we’re in the dark.

As mentioned before, it happens at random (no I can’t make it happen); anecdotally speaking less than 5% of the time at this point. Pops up when the second sample is saved, and exit sampling to the main screen.

I know you’re asking to help, The exact steps have been outlined:

1. Sample 12 bit, +/- trim start/stop, +/- adjust level, name, assign, save. Pitch (no slicing).

2. Sample 12 bit, +/- trim start/stop, +/- adjust level, name, assign, save - faders/knobs track (as shown in the video) but do not have an actual parameter effect.

As mentioned, this last time I tried the pitch, level, and env and all showed the fader movement registering, but not modifying the associated parameter.

I’ll play around this evening and see if some specific combo of trimming and/level adjust seems to trigger it.

1 Like

Thanks, sorry to keep asking. Things are rarely random, so we just need to keep looking for what you’re doing that we’re not. We’ll keep trying. Appreciate the help and time :+1:

1 Like

I had this happen a couple days ago as well. After sampling in 3 sounds, the faders stopped responding. I could see them on screen moving, but they never caught up to change value. I could not change volume on the main page, or pitch.

But, when I turned on Fader Lock, they worked as they should. Seems there’s some bug that causes Fader Lock to work opposite to how it should. When I turned off Fader Lock, they were stuck again.

3 Likes

Latest firmware, by the way.

1 Like

That’s really useful info, thanks for taking the time :+1:

1 Like

Interesting - thanks for posting that.

I hadn’t thought to turn on the fader lock, as when I checked it was off. The next time it happens to me I will try that as well.

1 Like

Ran into the issue again

1st sample taken, trimmed, saved.

Assigned to A1.

Fader - no effect on level, pitch, env. Went into multimode, same. Open menu, turn ON fader lock, no effect. Turned fader lock OFF, no effect.

Opened file menu thinking to reload sample (which usually fixes it), thought to try a few other things first, exited the menu - normal function restored.

Honestly, pretty baffling.

Thanks guys. We’re still struggling to reproduce it in house, so any more info please do keep it coming. It’s all useful. We’ll track it down eventually.

1 Like

Figured it out :slight_smile:
Fixed in dev.

6 Likes

Until the next release, if this happens to you:
Hold shift and move a fader (fader lock override), then all will be back to normal.

5 Likes