Does the S2400 pass through CC/NRPN messages?

I have my S2400 set up as my central MIDI sequencing hub

I’m attempting to use the controls on my OB-6 synthesizer to alter the settings (envelope, filter, etc) on my Pioneer Toraiz AS-1 with the S2400 in the middle.

Does the S2400 pass through CC data from one hardware device to another in realtime?

If it does, I’ve got something configured wrong on the S2400. What settings could I have missed?

I don’t think it does since it doesn’t pass through sustain pedal, pitch bend or modulation wheel yet.

Hopefully soon though!

2 Likes

Has anyone feature-requested Midi-Sequencer ability to record and pass-through CC data, modulation wheel, pitch bend, etc. yet?

This is one of the major things that make me hesitant to sell my MPC60. (that, and only having 8voices, hehe [which is completely a different topic/argument, obviously])

I’m sure others would agree… using the S2400 as a main/central hardware midi-sequencer and centerpiece/hub is very handicapped and limited atm without the ability to record & pass-thru CC, mod, pitch, etc.

2 Likes

I agree, but I’m thinking it must be on the to do list.

1 Like

See here Pitch bend for MIDI sequencing

MIDI passthru of CC/NRPM would be huge!!! S2400 should be able to serve as the centerpiece of a MIDI studio.