Copying bug in Multi Mode and Step Program [FIXED]

I don’t know if it’s a bug or if it’s designed that way, but it took me a lot of time to figure out how to work in the Step Program mode with the Multi Mode active.

When both modes were selected, copying and pasting track events didn’t always work for me at first. Sometimes events were not copied at all, and sometimes they were pasted in wrong tracks. Until I realized that I should use Copy + Multi Mode + Pad instead of Copy + Pad!

I understand that there are two different contexts here (“multi-mode pads” and “step program tracks”) represented by the same physical controls (the pads), and the way it is implemented does a good separation of the two so the user can decide what they want to do exactly.

For example, pressing a pad will enter a slice (or a multi-mode variation) of the currently selected track (the pad with the bright light). But pressing Multi Mode + Pad X will select the pad X and also add the slice X (of the pad X) to the timeline. Makes sense. But also a little bit confusing.

But what about copying? There’s no way to copy multi-mode values while in the Step Program mode (this is possible in normal mode). Right now, Copy + Pad works only if the right pad is already selected in Multi Mode, while Copy + Multi Mode + Pad works always. So why not allow Copy + Pad to simply copy tracks?

Sorry if my description is too confusing.

MultiMode+Pad should set the active Multi Mode track as it does in Pattern mode. It should not add a pattern event.
Copy+Pad and Erase+Pad with no selection should copy/erase the selected track events even if Multi Mode is on.

Both of those bugs are fixed in Dev.

Copying track properties or multi pad properties cannot be done in Step Program, only in Pattern mode.

1 Like

@Mickey, what is fixed concerning Copy+Pad and Erase+Pad? I understand the issue with MM+Pad, but not the other bugs. I can erase and copy notes in step program and MM without selection. Is there more to it?

It was only letting you erase/copy the tracks under the cursor if the track is the same as the current multi mode track. For example: if there is an event under the cursor for track A1, and I am in multi mode for track A5, If I press Erase+A1 it will say “nothing to erase”.