Duplicate Track should copy events

Hi guys, under Organise Tracks, Duplicating track (F2) only copies the sound and doesn’t fix in the pattern regardless of F1 being on or off.

I witnessed this problem once too. But I could not reproduce it later.

Do you remember the steps to reproduce this situation?

Hey Syah,

Shift > Pad > Actions > Organise Tracks

With F1 selected or unselected as both have the same outcome:

F2: Duplicate Track

Track duplicates onto following pad. The sound and editing options such as pitch & level all copy but not the pattern programming.

Best, Jim

Seems to be “in progress”.

I remember pointing that weird behavior in the past as well. It may be specification rather than a bug though.

The workaround is copy events with step pattern mode :slight_smile:

Thnx Tnkz!

1 Like

Not duplicating the pattern data for the duplicated track is by design. The consensus is that duplicating all the events in every pattern is typically not expected. And, if that is desired, it can be accomplished in Step Program mode.

I have changed this post from bug report feature request. However, we have no immediate plans to implement it.

1 Like

Hey Mickey, thanks for your response :v:
Using the copy button, achieves the same result as duplicating the track, thereabouts?

It feels like there needs the option of duplicating it’s events too?

Going into step program, highlighting & copying, takes longer than I’d expect for a simple task.

To give you an example of why this feature is essential: After programming a quick drum loop, I then want to find the best possible sounds for the loop. I’ll go through samples to find 8 killer kicks & assign to pads, letting each one play the pattern, to find the most suited sample. I repeat this for snares, claps, hats, bass, lead, fx and all others tracks. So you can imagine how long this will take via step program.

What’s the process of you guys considering this, do you need a few people to agree it’s needed?

Bestest,
Jim

4 Likes

Yeah I think an option or a separate line like “duplicate+events” or whatever works best is needed.

The contrary seems easier to do. If you don’t want the events it’s easy to delete the track events.

2 Likes

Agreed. Copying events in Step Program mode is a process that doesn’t feel great at all

2 Likes

I am also struggling with the simple “copy track” task, which is something you need all the time to double a track with another sample or sound (on midi tracks).

Why does “COPY+PAD” only copy the pad? For what is this for? Why is it not just so, that COPY+PAD copies the complete track with all events? except the sample itself? That would make sense, first i copy the track/events, then i browse through my files to hear which add on sample works best.

i don’t get the point with copying the pad without events, it would be great if you could explain it to me, thanks!

i had a pm with somebody and want to copy my last answer to make things clearer with the COPY+PAD thing:

(the member had pointed me to the manual pages about split track copy)

"thanks, i had read and tried that before and am aware, that there ARE ways to copy a track - but it has to be done in 2 steps: first copy pad, then copy events.

And that is my question, why is there a COPY PAD ONLY ? The result is a lit pad with no sample and no events. It’s just lit.

It would be so quick if COPY + PAD would copy the complete track with samples and events (or only events on midi tracks), as this is the function i guess most people need in most cases, because they want to layer a sound. Like add a transient to a dull kick. Double a synth and pan left/right. Compose a bass sound from a sub and a overtone rich part. etc etc etc.

For this COP+PAD = complete track copied would be so quick."

1 Like

This is a feature I still really need, I miss it on every session with the 2400. Looks like others do too :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I also agree, copy+pad should capture everything from the source. Makes more sense.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be much easier to delete unwanted pattern data than to force the user to recreate it in step program mode?

1 Like

Also, as it is, the command COPY+PAD is without actual result.
All that happens - if is see it wrong please correct me - is, that the destination pad is lit - but for what?
It’s lit then, but it does not even contain a sample.

Isn’t the command COPY+PAD spoiled for nothing then?

Again correct me if i’m wrong, but double a track for layering purposes is the most needed/used copy function in a sequencer (except to copy bars), so it should be the easiest one which is: COPY+PAD.

For example when dealing with live loops, copy+pad allows to copy the settings from one pad to the other which is very handful.

But anyway, I still think that it would be better if there was an additional function or additional shortcut to duplicate track+events for the standard use of the sequencer.

This isn’t right, COPY+PAD copies everything but the events, you get the sample and track settings identical to the copied pad. Events must be copied separately from the step edit screen. I agree it’s unintuitive at first if you’re expecting events, I’d like an option that has a faster workflow to include them.

1 Like

I see, thanks for explaining. Maybe it would be a solution, if COPY+PAD does copy events too in normal mode, but excludes events for live looper tracks?

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 7.30.25 PM
The COPY function definitely feels clunky and unintuitive, especially when the video manual states that when F1 is illuminated the patterns will move with the sample.

If this gets added, this needs to be optional cos I use copy pad ALL the time and absolutely do not want to copy events with it.

I copy them mostly for settings since that’s one of the only ways to actually save a bit of time on this machine when setting up midi / sampler engine/ track settings etc.

So yeah, if this gets added, please make it an option you can turn on in the settings.

1 Like