Clicks in recorded loops

I am able to get a click into the loop consistently when I start recording during the count-in.

In the video I first audition the source sound twice. Then I start the playback and engage the loop recording and play the sound before the loop reaches its start point. I do this three times and every time there’s a click at the beginning of the loop. Hear it in headphones.

(Sometimes there are also rhythmic clicks. I don’t know where these are coming from. I haven’t heard them while recording. Could be metronome sounds lost in the depths of digital audio streaming.)

Anyway, the same kind of clicks are heard at the beginning and the end of each recording/overdub (red pad on and off). They are absent during the playback though!

Concerning the original issue, it looks to me that there is no ramping when one records the loop during count-in like I did. Look at the screenshot, there’s clearly a cut.

But also these “operational” clicks at the start and the end of the recording are annoying! I don’t know how things work internally but it looks to me that there are two modes in play: one for listening and one for recording. When switching between these two modes, a click occurs because there is no crossfade/ramping.

@av500 Is this something you could fix? Your comments are most welcome.

No clicks! More ramping! :placard::placard::placard:

1 Like

@rozz3r Could you please check out this bug?

Let’s bump this thread!

1 Like

Bump b/c I independently reproduced this today.

1 Like