Add On DSP Module Announced!

Yeah. Still WAY under $4k. You could probably get two S24Ks with the boards and still come out breaking even.

1 Like

i think speculating on price is wasted, we don’t know the outright spec of the board or anything more than a brief wiff of data, whether it will come with proprietary fx or a wrapper to port vst in somehow using the .dll or other methods that people like me have no idea about :rofl:

i hope they are developing their own as i reckon that will give us much more freedom - i had wondered if mickey had done fx via delp but i see none

whatever happens and just in case brad or others are reading, i hope the fx parameters can be accessed via the seq: and can be used in the mix along with inputs rather than simply on the mix , we all know what i mean

either way this will be the icing on the 2400 for me - it is already a really great machine and if they can pull this off without too much aggro it will just further cement its place as a future classic - happy days, will watch and wait patiently

2 Likes

I hope they come up with something for custom Isla fx too! I feel like between Mickey and Vlad they could come up with something that really suits this machine well. It’s going to be really cool to see how this all plays out.

3 Likes

I wonder if there’s potential for someone like Jazzcat to maybe stock some in the UK so we could grab one that way, when it comes to it?

Import charges are SO nuts, it would dramatically reduce those costs if they were shipped in bulk I think?

6 Likes

You hit it on the nose. The ones you mentioned plus some internal side chain ducking feature.

2 Likes

A lesser known/ mentioned company that would be cool to involve imo would be Beatskillz, I’m a big fan of Sample X, and would be pretty amazing to have that in there. XLN is another one, having RC-20 in the machine would super sick. I think those 2 vsts are some of the greatest to date for lo fi sound processing/ nice degradation. Of course the Valhalla stuff would be great for the basics like reverb & delay etc, as mentioned many times already.

Definitely looking forward to seeing where this all goes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s a no brainer

4 Likes

Surprised I have not seen anyone bring up Soundtoys - that’s gold standard plugin for me + many in the industry. Some of the best modellers in the game. A partnership here would melt my brain.

6 Likes

Imma gonna guess $289 for DSP board.

Yes, Soundtoys and valhalla collaboration wouls be awesome

1 Like

No way. Its going to be North of 500 dollars. The wood cheeks cost 100.

1 Like

Ok we shall see

1 Like

I was going to mention Softube as well tbf, but I figured smaller/ lesser known companies would probably be easier to get on board, especially early on, but who knows… I don’t really know what this all entails, just figured I’d throw a couple smaller names out there that have made a couple great processing plugs. :slight_smile:

As much as I want dem sweepable analog filters, at that price I’d prolly have to pass. I def can’t afford dat, lol.

But, I’ve always been wondering, if there’ll be some sort of program for returning the OG non-sweepable-filters output-board for a core-exchange or money/discount?
Or… will they just be trash? (kinda seems like a waste, no?)

I think it’s boards you add to the already existing one. Not something that is exchanged.

1 Like

Right. The upcoming analog filter board is an add on board that will go on top of the output board. Brad has mentioned in the past that they will probably rework the output board at some point. I think it was mainly to replace the pseudo balanced outputs with straight up balanced outputs. And I think he said that will be offered to owners of the s2400 basically at cost. It’s been a long time since that was talked about though so take this with a grain of salt. Hopefully I’m not spreading mis-information!

3 Likes

I am surprised no one has said Sinevibes yet, they are a small company (one person, IIRC) and have shown real skill in adapting their algorithms to other formats (they did some amazing stuff with the Korg 'logue SDK).

3 Likes

Sinevibes a great idea.

I think a lot of it depends on how intensive the installation process is and how expensive the board is.

I’d rather not risk bricking the machine trying to install this. Not sure why adding a simple onboard reverb, compressor and maybe delay is such an issue. Then if people want more exotic effects, they can do the add on.

1 Like

Brad has said if you can use a screwdriver you can install this board. It shouldn’t be very difficult, maybe a little nerve wracking! I’m sure they’ll put out a video guide or something to help everyone along.

That would depend on how you want to use those effects. If you only wanted to apply those as something that is baked or bounced into the sound and not being processed in real-time then maybe they could pull that off. The way it stands now I think the board makes the most sense because it allows for the most flexibility and allows them room for bug fixes and maybe a few more features.