1 day old S2400 - bricked and smelling burnt out!

Bought an S2400 a couple of days ago, brand new from Juno Records in London. It smells bad (like something is cooked inside) and wont power up. Is this normal QC/Isla Instruments usual way of doing business?

I’m a really unhappy bunny!!

I opened a brand new Apple MacBook book at work the other week and it was DOA, first one in years of working with them. These things happen. Frustrating but Juno will replace it.

1 Like

This is not usual, and Juno will replace it. Juno would definitely be my first port of call.

Juno are an absolute joke! I’d never order anything from them again! Returns process is an absolute nightmare

I’ve just spent over £1500+ on a unit that worked for an hour at max, and no guarantee of a replacement! or any kind of satisfactory resolution

Have you opened a support ticket with Isla yet?

They are bound by law to refund you. I used them for many years when they were just a record shop and had no issues but no idea what their CS is like now.

Absolutely dreadful customer service. I did reach out to ‘Isla Instruments’ on LinkedIn… they say that my experience is ‘to be expected’

I would open a support ticket through the website if Juno isn’t being helpful. LinkedIn probably isn’t the best forum for customer service requests.

I did open a ticket with Isla, that was my first port of call… I think a direct, polite conversation with Bradley is probably the best route to the ‘organ grinder’ - but that’s his response ‘to be expected’

Ok, we’ve talked to you at length via support ticket. Rob has tried to be as helpful as possible.

Then you decide to hit me up personally on linked in, which is anything but a support channel.
now you’re coming on here calling us out for terrible customer service??
Pack it in bud, I totally get that you are pissed about getting a bad unit.
The fact of the matter is, it’s pretty rare a machine arrives DOA but it happens. It’s nothing to do with QC.
Perhaps my saying ‘to be is expected’ was taken out of context, considering there are over 3000 machines in the wild, it’s to be expected that a few will be DOA or fail soon after.

You purchased the unit from Juno, there is nothing I can do to help you with that.
Juno will replace (by law) the unit, and eventually send the dead one back to me.
It seems you have an axe to grind, I’m not sure what else you want me to do.
Pasting our chat from linked in here, since I don’t think I was unreasonable in responding to you, outside of our support channel, after Rob had already tried to help as much as possible, with your order from Juno.

5 Likes

Hi Bradley, I have no axe to grind… I was referring to Juno when I said ‘Absolutely dreadful customer service’ , not Isla. I specifically said to you that Rob had been excellent in responding

“Absolutely dreadful customer service. I did reach out to ‘Isla Instruments’ on LinkedIn… they say that my experience is ‘to be expected’”

I feel like I’m being a bit gas lit here to be honest.

I was responding to the comment above that, where project95 said he didn’t know what (Juno’s) customer service was like these days, I wasn’t referring to Isla

1 Like

If this had been any other piece of gear, I’d be gone… I’d do a chargeback through my credit card, and drop the money on an MPC 60/3000 or put it towards an OG SP1200… I really want this to work out & be a happy S2400 user - which is why I am so pissed/upset I got sent a ‘bad’ one!

The hour or so I did get to spend with S2400-2919 was mind blowing & I’m looking forward to getting a replacement (eventually)

imho – your way out of line.

you’re obviously having bad luck with your maschine. this can happen – with every new piece of gear. it sucks big time. it’s pretty clear that you are frustrated and nervous, but even if juno didn’t respond in a matter you hoped, or responded at all – theres absolutely no need to get at (private) people on platforms like linkedin. it’s a very rude thing to do.

i’m 100% sure you will get a replacement from juno. but i think you just have to sit this one out till then.

1 Like

Juno are a great dealer, just do the bloody exchange process and move on, i have used them successfully for years and years (10 -12 items some costing upwards of 2k) with no issues with their service including a replacement which was done and dusted inside 2 weeks, there is zero need for this post to be here, odd.

rage wont fix anything - just follow the policy, yes it always seems the worst thing ever when gear breaks but take a step back, fill in the forms and allow the process to work

FTR popping at isla isn’t helpful, they do their end 100% when called upon, i know from experience

1 Like

I bought an OB6 with a broken pot from Thomann, I returned it for a new one and was happy.

I had someone build me a RE-303 and it died after 10 minutes use. I returned it for a new one.

Both were an inconvenience, doesn’t need to be this painful though.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, which can certainly be frustrating when it happens, but ISLA QC is excellent, as the many, many happy customers making music with their S2400 will attest. You had some bad luck - please don’t make it seem like ISLA are releasing a sketchy product - this is anything but the case. Work it out with your dealer and you’ll be enjoying this great instrument before long.

Thank you. The initial response from my dealer was rather poor (to say the very least) - hence my initial frustration. However, they have excelled themselves and turned the situation around. Within 1 hour of receiving the unit, they had refunded me; and then honoured the black Friday price to re-purchase so I could get the replacement even quicker. As I previously said, the response from Isla was excellent (and they had offered to make good the situation if it didn’t work out with Juno)… maybe a little premature, as I won’t have the unit in my hands until the morning - but my faith is restored

1 Like

I have no doubt you’ll love your S2400 when it is finally in front of you and working as expected. Cheers!

1 Like