Waveform editor end point

Hi all,

I was wondering about the way the waveform editor end point is working.

When every fader is down, if I move fader 8 slowly up nothing is happening, the end point is not moving. I have to wait for the fader to be at ~ 1/4 for the end point to be moving.
And if fader 8 is all the way down then fader 7 (and 6) does not have any effect, I have to move fader 8 a bit for 7 to move the end point.

This is not the way start point faders behave : fader 1, 2 and 3 move the start point from the beginning.

Is this normal behavior ?

You need to set up your faders a specific way. The first three start at the bottom and move upwards to trim the beginning of your sample, with each one getting more fine as you move inwards. The last five start at the top and move downwards. The last three for the end of your sample work the same way as the first three but in the opposite direction. Getting more precise as you move inwards. The middle two are for your loop selection. If you hit the help button in waveform editor mode I believe it shows an example.

The video manuals are a great starting point! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for your answer.
Yes I know about each fader role, I was just surprised that fader 8 doesnt do anything from the bottom position to 1/4. (And every other faders are in bottom position) Is it just me ?

Sorry, maybe I’m misunderstanding you but it seems like you’re saying that your starting position is with all of your faders set all the way down. The last five are supposed to start at the top and move downwards to edit.

Sorry again if I’m just misunderstanding you. Maybe a short video showing what’s happening could help.

I was not using the recommended faders position on purpose because when you want to play a short first bit of a long sample I think this is not a good starting configuration.
But know I understand that if I want fader8 to be active from its down position I need faders 6 and 7 to be up.
The init config is then : every fader down except 6 and 7.
Anyway thank you for your answers.