Varispeed tape machine style

Hi,

It would be fantastic if the loop recording mode could be locked to the tempo speed.
The tempo would directly vary the global clock frequency .
It would then work like a good old tape machine :

• if your music was programmed at 96 bpm , you could choose to speed it up at say , 120 bpm , to record some live keys , vocals etc…and then pitch the whole thing back to 96 bpm with great aliasing and interesting pitch transformation as a result.

This is a classic recording technique , used by many greats from Prince to Jamie Lidell .
Fingers crossed.
Thanks

7 Likes

Jamie Lidell consulted on the development of the live loop functionality. There are more live loop features to come, but it may be a little while.

16 Likes

Perfect, thanks Mickey for the answer. Jamie consulted means excellent features to come for sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree this would be great. I do this all the time with the Electro Harmonix 95000 looper and it can be very inspirational in creating new sounds. Matching something new to something else transposed wildly yields really interesting results.

1 Like

love this idea as well. not time stretching the audio, just pitching it up and down like a turntable does.

1 Like

this would be an incredibly useful feature and one I’d use all the time

1 Like

any chance this one is on deck for the next round of features? I think this on is important